Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pooler, Georgia
Another one of Engine 61. 2013 Pierce Impel 1250/500/50.

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 62 - 1989/2001 Emergency One 135' RM aerial. Previously Monroeville, PA. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 62 - 1999 KME 1250/500. Previously Hudson, NY.

Tender 62 - 1993 Ford L9000/S&S 1000/3500 tender. Previously Hillsborough County, FL.

1999 KME moved from E64 to E62, &1993 Ford Tender were purchased used in 2009. Truck 62 and Rescue 61 were purchased used in 2011. Units were bought as a stop gap due to our tremendous growth. Various areas in Georgia have a  Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax which is 1% increase in sales tax that is used for various capital projects. Our Countys' latest version runs from 10/14-10/20 and we have 3.2 million to be used for fire apparatus. So hopefully we will be replacing several units in the next year or so. I have a few more units that I will post tomorrow and I will try to get a few of the tower tomorrow during aerial training with Pierce.

E64 - 2009 Pierce Contender 1250/720/30 

Attached Files Image(s)

Good looking fleet upgrades especially the Tower. It'll be interesting to see your daytime population once the new "mall" is done. You still running out of the two stations I assume?
Drew James
GA Paramedic
No, we are running out of 4 stations now and are working on plans for a fifth next year. Are staffing is up to 18 with 16 minimum daily and 4 engines and a truck staffed. The Outlet Mall and the other 1/2 million square feet of businesses is going to make things interesting. With all the other development we already have and are working on, our call volume is up about 19% so far this year.

Wow you guys have been growing faster then I've been keeping up. Will have to visit the other two stations one day soon. Thanks for the updates and looking forward to seeing future deliveries.

Drew James
GA Paramedic
A few more of the tower with the cellphone.

Attached Files Image(s)

Front Bumper Extrication Tool. To answer the question, yes we copied it from Mechanicsvilles' Heavy Rescue. They saw it during final inspection on our engine and my guys asked if they could use it on the Tower.

Attached Files Image(s)

Officers' Side

Attached Files Image(s)

Extrication Compartment

Attached Files Image(s)

Front Bumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Exciting News for us! We have placed an order for 4 Pierce Enforcer pumpers (identical to the 2013 Impel) 1250gpm/500water/50foam and a Pierce Enforcer 100' tiller, it will handle our rescue work as well. This will be the 3rd Enforcer tiller, Jacksonville has the first two on order. They should be delivered in about a year. I will add the drawings as soon as we get them. As a side note our neighbor, Garden City added on 2 identical engines (different color though) for their two first out engines. Our 2013 will go to new station 5 that will start construction soon.

Quote:Exciting News for us! We have placed an order for 4 Pierce Enforcer pumpers (identical to the 2013 Impel) 1250gpm/500water/50foam and a Pierce Enforcer 100' tiller, it will handle our rescue work as well. This will be the 3rd Enforcer tiller, Jacksonville has the first two on order. They should be delivered in about a year. I will add the drawings as soon as we get them. As a side note our neighbor, Garden City added on 2 identical engines (different color though) for their two first out engines. Our 2013 will go to new station 5 that will start construction soon.

Congrats on that and can't wait to see the tiller. Is the new station 5 going to be heading back towards 16 by chance? Know that area has been keeping you guys busy and shouldn't take the rescue side of the tiller long to break in.

Drew
Drew James
GA Paramedic
will those be the 1st enforcer tillers?

Quote: and a Pierce Enforcer 100' tiller, it will handle our rescue work as well. This will be the 3rd Enforcer tiller, Jacksonville has the first two on order.
Quote: 

Congrats on that and can't wait to see the tiller. Is the new station 5 going to be heading back towards 16 by chance? Know that area has been keeping you guys busy and shouldn't take the rescue side of the tiller long to break in.

Drew

No, Station 4 is down there at Savannah Quarters about a mile south of I-16 & Pooler Parkway. Station 5 will go on the North side off Jimmy DeLoach Parkway. We have over 500 homes up there and the warehouses are starting to arrive, there are 5 now including Nordic Cold Storage @ 375,000 sq. ft, and another one that is 250,000. The rescue side will probably see more work than the fire side initially. We had another fatal wreck with entrapment on 16 yesterday. As the homes age though our fire volume will increase courtesy of the lightweight construction and how fast all of the homes were built. We are already seeing an increase in "electrical issues" in some of the homes.

Thanks for the information. Haven't seen 4's quarters yet and will try to next time down that way.

Drew James
GA Paramedic