Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support vehicles
I am not sure if this fits here but it is a support vehicle for Fire Prevention.

CLARK COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMENT

FIRE SAFETY TRAILER.

[Image: FIRE%20SAFETY%20TRAILER%200001-X2.jpg]

Dave
I'd say prevention trailers count, they do support the fire departments mission and are not a suppression resource. I was throwing a pretty broad net to catch the stuff we rarely see here.

Kern County FD (California) Fuel Tender

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aaron Woods
Kern County FD repair truck 

Aaron Woods
Kern County FD has several repair trucks, this is another. The department protects more than 8000 square miles of mostly rural communities and small cities so the stations are very spread out. For comparison neighboring LA County is about 1/4 the land, with 5x the population and 4x the number of stations.

Aaron Woods
Kern County refrigerated box truck

Kern County has a large wildland component as well as a lot of oil / gas, agriculture and industrial infrastructure all of which can result in multi day operations. The refer truck allows them to feed and hydrate crews at the scene of an extended incident.  

Aaron Woods
LA County refer truck

LA County also has a the potential for multi day operations and uses refer trucks to keep food and drinks cool at the scene of an incident.

Aaron Woods
Quote:I'd say prevention trailers count, they do support the fire departments mission and are not a suppression resource. I was throwing a pretty broad net to catch the stuff we rarely see here.

Kern County FD (California) Fuel Tender
Thank you for that.
Dave
CITY OF LAS VEGAS FIRE DEPARTMENT

PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER UNIT

[Image: LVFR%20PIO%20UNIT%200001-X2.jpg]
Dave
CITY OF LAS VEGAS FIRE DEPARTMENT

FIRE PREVENTION UNIT

[Image: LVFR%20INSPECTORS%20TRUCK%20001-X2.jpg]

Dave
[Image: 400_zpse6329f03.jpg]

Cal Fire Helicopter Fuel Tender.
[Image: 070_zpsvrdfjlq6.jpg]

LA County Helicopter Fuel tender.
Fairfax County, VA REHAB 413.

(Been awhile since I posted anything, forgot how to size things right at first.) 

Canteen 413 and Service 2 on a multi-alarm fire in 2005.  The canteen is gone, replaced by the REHAB in the post above, Logistics still has a couple of box trucks for regular delivery of supplies around the County and then for incident response like this.  

This unit served as Canteen 3 with the R.V.F.D, Montgomery County MD.

Attached Files Image(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

This unit served as Canteen 4 with the S.S.V.F.D, Montgomery County MD.

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

[Image: IMG_1817_zps3f77a71d.jpg]

LAFD Field Mechanic.
Ottawa, Ontario is the largest composite fire service in Canada operating 45 stations, with 1000 career and 500 volunteers.  To support this size of a department, there are a lot of support vehicles, assigned to many of the different divisions.

The Maintenance Shop out of headquarters (Station 23) operates a small fleet of vehicles including Service Truck 23, a 2012 Dodge/Malmberg dump truck.  It is used to pick up frozen fire hose, and has racking to transport ground ladders and other equipment. 

Also run by the Maintenance Shop in Ottawa are delivery vehicles including this cubevan.

Another cubevan used by the Maintenance Shop.

Maintenance also uses this International equipped with a hydraulic lift gate.