Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Apparatus
Great pics thanks for sharing Ed
Quote:Wondering is Eng 23 and Ladders 13 and 19 back open. Could we get a current roster of open companies and companies that might open up again soon . Thank you
Engine 23 is disbanded. Ladder 13 and 19 are browned out every day. Majority of the pumpers are Pierce, with a few 2000 ALF's left.  Most of the truck company's are Pierce rearmounts. Ladders 6, 7 and 17 have Sutphen platforms. All six squads are 2003  Spartan/SVI. 
It's nothing short for unbelievable the amount of crap those brothers deal with. From all possible fronts. Yet in the greatest tradition of the job they take all hits and adapt to the madness and get the job done . I hope for nothing but the best moving forward for those guys. They more than deserve it.
Detroit's new Ems unit and new color scheme, notice "Detroit Fire Emergency Services".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Detroit's new Ems unit and new color scheme, notice "Detroit Fire Emergency Services".
Is Detroit EMS FD based with FF staffing, or a separate division of the FD with non-FF staffing?
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Quote:Is Detroit EMS FD based with FF staffing, or a separate division of the FD with non-FF staffing?
Separate division, non FF staffing.  
 eng 48 the 75' quint still is service as first out at 2300 fort st.

Quote: eng 48 the 75' quint still is service as first out at 2300 fort st.
Engine 48 still has the Pierce quint. At the moment all three drawbridges that give access to Engine 48's district are either under repair (Fort Str.) or broken in the up position (W. Jefferson and Dix). The quickest access now is via I-75 freeway.
Quote: eng 48 the 75' quint still is service as first out at 2300 fort st.

Anyone have a Pic?
 I heard sometime soon there new SQUADS will have pumps on them. Anyone have info on this. We talking Rescue Engines.. thank you

Quote: 

Anyone have a Pic?
This one was taken a few years ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:This one was taken a few years ago.

thanks dave
Quote:Click here: Donated fire truck given to the city of Detroit has been sitting idle - WXYZ.com

Whts the story on this truck as of today?
Watched the news report, ex Getzville, NY FD.  Looks like an older LTI rig, has open jump seats.  Probably lots of other items in need of attention.  Looks like the donor had good intentions, but didn't have a clue about fire apparatus!
Not to get off topic but did they not just get a bunch of Horton ambulances that were donated? This is an AEV. Is that who got the City bid? Thanks in advance

Quote:Not to get off topic but did they not just get a bunch of Horton ambulances that were donated? This is an AEV. Is that who got the City bid? Thanks in advance
Some time during the first half of 2013 Detroit got 23 Terrastar / Horton Ambulances that were donated by local businesses. 

http://archive.freep.com/article/2013032...in-Detroit
Correct, the Penske donated trucks are International Terra Star/Horton, the City purchased trucks are Ford F-450/AEVs.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Correct, the Penske donated trucks are International Terra Star/Horton, the City purchased trucks are Ford F-450/AEVs.

Trav!
The chassis in the picture is actually a F-350.
I'm confused......Detroit had 23 new ambulances donated, but less than 2 years later they're buying more. What's the reasoning behind this?

Quote:Some time during the first half of 2013 Detroit got 23 Terrastar / Horton Ambulances that were donated by local businesses. 

http://archive.freep.com/article/2013032...in-Detroit
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Quote:I'm confused......Detroit had 23 new ambulances donated, but less than 2 years later they're buying more. What's the reasoning behind this?
23 wasn't enough?
IHC's Maxxforce 6 engines have been problematic in them.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]