Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Alexandria, VA Fire Department
Correction I meant Station 211, also the command vehicles are all 2011, 2500 Suburbans. I will attempt to get more info soon.
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
[quote name='Engine410kid' timestamp='1326088223' post='470558'] Dave, From what I know Alex will has decided on a new color scheme and I thought they were going with Pierce. New color scheme is black over red!! [/quote]

Correct, they've also already got two ambulances in the new paint scheme. The bid process for the apparatus continues to be on hold.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Yes, also AFD has just graduated 19 FF's. Currently riding 3rd on Medic units. In two weeks they will be assigned to their official engine companies as probies.

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

[quote name='Engine410kid' timestamp='1326088223' post='470558']

New color scheme is black over red!!!

[/quote]

Interesting, seems like everyone is starting to go with that and get away from White and Red, when B/R is actually starting to become the new White and Red... everyone is doing it!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Confirmed today: CustomFire has been awarded the pumpers (again), and Crimson will be building the tiller and mid-mount aerials.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
As I recall from latest station studies Station 211 was either to be a "new" house (engine & medic) if at southern site (Beauregard & Sanger). If at a more northern site (Beauregard as far north as Braddock Rd) it would be a replacement for Station 206. Of course all is subject to change as there are other station proposals (expand 208 to house a medic and build a new center city house possibly for 205) and the recommended closure of 202 (protested by citizens) on the table. Stay tuned.
208 has a Medic?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1326317376' post='470888']

Confirmed today: CustomFire has been awarded the pumpers (again), and Crimson will be building the tiller and mid-mount aerials.

[/quote]

I think he meant expand 203 to have space to house a medic also the new rigs will be a nice change for northern virginia seeing as arlington has just ordered 2 engines, 2 trucks and 2 squads. Also you mentioned a tiller, who will be getting that 204?

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

forgot to mention they are Pierce as usual in NOVA.

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1326317376' post='470888']

[/quote]

Well that is good to know, the pumpers will be built about 30 miles away from my house.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
Yes 208 does have a medic. What I have read I believe in the most recent study was add a bay to 208 to "better accommodate the medic and add a supply area". For 203 its recommended for major reno or rebuild on site so as to add a future medic unit.
[quote name='Ed Freen' timestamp='1326645300' post='471339']

Yes 208 does have a medic. What I have read I believe in the most recent study was add a bay to 208 to "better accommodate the medic and add a supply area". For 203 its recommended for major reno or rebuild on site so as to add a future medic unit.

[/quote]

I am not going to add much more on facilities at this point as what I might add could very well be out of date in about a month when the city managers proposed FY13 - 17 CIP come out. That should give us more indication what the city is planning. 203 is planned to be a rebuild on the current site and adding capacity for a medic unit there. Last years CIP also had place holders for a replacement of 207 and rebuild or replacement of 206 both in unspecified future years.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.

I believe that when this truck was new it was on the cover of a Peter Pirsch sales brochure and somewhere in a box, I have a better photo of it. Truck 58 was a 1981 Pirsch 100ft. TDA.

Dan Evans photo
RIP Paramedic Joshua Weissman. Paramedic Weissman was assigned to Medic 206 at the time of his passing. Medic 206 outside their quarters.

Attached Files Image(s)

RIP Paramedic Joshua Weissman. Medic 206 outside their house.

Attached Files Image(s)

Station 206 last week. I was told be friends from Alexandria FD that all operational staff were placed OOS during the days surrounding Joshua's death, and that companies from ALL around DC, MD and VA filled stations to cover. I stopped at 205, which that day was being filled by Fairfax Medic 431 and Prince William County Engine 591. Featured here is Station 205. That is true brotherhood.

Nate

Attached Files Image(s)

Yes Various units from Arlington, Fairfax, PG, Montgomery, Prince William and beyond filled Alex Fire Houses fromt he day after he died till the day of his funeral.

I went around and did not see PG I saw Montgomery (filled 204), MWAA (209, 202), City of Fairfax (201), Fairfax County (206, 208, 205, 203), Prince William (205), Arlington(209, 208, 203) and Stafford (207). Thats what I saw.

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Im fairly certain it rotated daily. In fact atleast one day fairfax rotated units 14hr days and 10hr night shifts.

I think the support that the Alexandria Fire & EMS Department received from surrounding jurisdictions during a very difficult time speaks volumes to the strength, support and bond of the fire service family. So sad to see a man so young pass away. Truly tragic.