Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Alexandria, VA Fire Department
[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1332821657' post='479019']

If you're saying that [url="http://youtu.be/8Ty0wOXq3Ig"]this tiller[/url] was being loaned to the AFD, it's now privately owned in Pennsylvania.

[/quote]

This rig was at apple blossom last year correct?
Yeah matt thats the one
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
The Carbon tiller was original to Greensburg, PA. and painted Cream/Red. Carbon purchased it, and repainted Yellow/Red. Sold a couple years ago to a private individual in the Chambersburg, PA. area, where it remains as far as I know.
[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1332884551' post='479059']

The Carbon tiller was original to Greensburg, PA. and painted Cream/Red. Carbon purchased it, and repainted Yellow/Red. Sold a couple years ago to a private individual in the Chambersburg, PA. area, where it remains as far as I know.

[/quote]

YES IT IS STILL HERE. IT IS SITTING AT DAVE'S TRUCK REPAIR RIGHT NOW.
must of just gotten back cause it was in Alexandria on monday morning

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

[url="http://www.customfire.com/details.php?id=220"]http://www.customfire.com/details.php?id=220[/url]

Follow the progress on Alexandria's pumpers on the CustomFire factory blog.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
Interesting....somebody in the area is NOT buying Pierce.
[quote name='Dave McClung' timestamp='1337820539' post='485902'] [url="http://www.customfire.com/details.php?id=220"]http://www.customfir...ails.php?id=220[/url] Follow the progress on Alexandria's pumpers on the CustomFire factory blog. [/quote]

Interesting. The blueprints look a little on the hefty side. Didn't Montgomery County, MD go a similar route? Considering the Mutual-Box region involving Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax I'm surprised. E410 (Dash with short wheel-base), Arlington's rigs (Pierce Arrow XT's) built for tight street mobility, etc. I mean NO disrespect but I have never understood some of Alexandria's rig spec's. First there was Rescue Engine 56, then Engine 56 stationed with Rescue 56 (with only one crew to single pull between the 2), then the rather large "Extrication Engines". Truck 58 (sorry, 208) was a smart buy in my book. Why the switch, and large crew cab (I think they roll their Engines with just 3), right. Either way, Dave, thanks a lot for posting.
The only complaint I've heard about the Arrow XT's is that they are tight up front and in the bucket, limiting getting dressed while responding (which is a bad move anyway). Apart from that It's been primarily positive feedback. Personally, I would love to see Seagrave make a comeback, but with what they've been building lately (and feedback I've heard) I wouldn't encourage anyone to go that route. Ok, off my soapbox now.
If I was them I would have added on to MWAA's order for pumpers. I am not thrilled that they went away from Pierce, however if they were going to go away from Pierce, CustomFire would have been my choice. They are a small manufacture here just north of the Twin Cities that make first rate engines. What Alexandria is getting are similar to what St. Paul FD runs and they just ordered two more from CustomFire, their last several pumper buys have been variations and refinements of similar specs.

Here is the current St. Paul specs being built... [url="http://customfire.com/details.php?id=218"]http://customfire.com/details.php?id=218[/url]

I liked Engine 204/207 Nate, those are two of my favorite pumpers ever built by Pierce....the MWAA ArrowXT's are next tied with the Dale City RE
Dave McClung

express permission.
Does anyone know where to find specs on the new TDA the city is purchasing.

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Dave, do you have any clue what is running as Engine 207? Also, I can't find #5891 on my roster. Maybe I have the year wrong. I have a 1990 and two 1889s but no 1991 KME. Can you help with where it ran? Also, are there any reserves left in Alexandria?

Thanks - Jerry
I show a 90 KME Rsv292 ex E201,rsv291 a 92 KME Rsv298 ex E204 and a 92 KME Rsv29? ex E208

I also show the E\-One as a 92 ex E202?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1340321288' post='489497']

I show a 90 KME Rsv292 ex E201,rsv291 a 92 KME Rsv298 ex E204 and a 92 KME Rsv29? ex E208

I also show the E\-One as a 92 ex E202?

[/quote]

207 is one of the two 99 I believe Pierce Dash with rescue compartments both 204 and 207 run as extriction engines

the E\-One Pumper is ex 202. Jerry I need to dig out my list but what Tim is showing sounds right.
Dave McClung

express permission.
Where will the new Pumpers be assigned?I know E206 has the oldest Pierce and E207s Pierce was taken oos.The new Tiller should go to T204.
Trey White
does anyone know where the specs are for the new TDA though i have searched and have been unsuccessful

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Custom Fire doesn't have Alexandria's units up and they have now locked all the under construction photos. I wonder who complained?? Crimson doesn't even have any of their aerial under construction photos posted. Does Alexandria want to keep them under wraps until completed?
[quote name='chief60' timestamp='1340834683' post='490458']

Custom Fire doesn't have Alexandria's units up and they have now locked all the under construction photos. I wonder who complained?? Crimson doesn't even have any of their aerial under construction photos posted. Does Alexandria want to keep them under wraps until completed?

[/quote]

Must be, but that is ridiculous.

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

[quote name='chief60' timestamp='1340834683' post='490458']

[/quote]

Because Crimson thinks that by creating an ere of mystique and mystery they will leave us chomping at the bit (or bid) for pics. Look at Montgomery County, MD's Spartan/Crimson Engines (HUGE) for an example of what's to come. Bottom line - Pierce is top notch and has been for some time. When the Dash's got kiboshed they went one better with the Arrow XT's. I would love to see Seagrave return to the quality of rigs it put out in the 70's and 80's - but like E\-One they let demand (and ego) undermine quality. Seagrave losing their bid to Ferrara for FDNY? No dis to Ferrara, but that should be one big wake-up call. Alexandria has the pics. Hell, they bought 'em. If anyone is squashing the pics it's them, not the manufacturer. If Alexandria (as a purchasing department) wants to post 'em they could.
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1341037909' post='490680']

Look at Montgomery County, MD's Spartan/Crimson Engines (HUGE) for an example of what's to come.

[/quote]

In my humble opinion, the only similarity between the behemoths that Montgomery purchased from Crimson and the pumpers that Alex is getting from CustomFire is that they're built from a form of metal. The Alex pumpers are a far more urban-style rig that the MoCo rigs for sure.

Perhaps its me, but there lots of manufacturers that don't post in-progress photos (Pierce, 4-Guys, Seagrave, etc), so I really don't see what the issue is. *shrugs*
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA