Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Alexandria, VA Fire Department
[quote name='davepa' timestamp='1353880522' post='503940']

I SHOT THIS AT SITTING OUTSIDE ONE OF THE ALEXANDRIA STATIONS THIS YEAR. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE DESIGNATION OF THIS IS AND THE YEAR AND MAKE OF THIS UNIT?

[Image: ALEXANDRIA13310.jpg]

[/quote]I believe thats the Rehab Bus at FS 209.....I dont have any stats on it yet.
Trey White
Huh... Was unaware that was crammed in 209 with everything else...
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1353902266' post='503998']

Huh... Was unaware that was crammed in 209 with everything else...

[/quote]

IT WAS JUST PARKED AT THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING AT THE TIME. I DIDN'T SEE IT THERE BEFORE THAT DAY.
Its been housed at FS 209 for some time now all the way in the back along with everything else they have crammed in there.
Trey White
[quote name='grubber33270' timestamp='1353893952' post='503978']

The Alexandria Pumpers Can now be viewed on Custom Fire's Website. they post photos on a regular basis, through the building stages.

[url="http://www.customfire.com/details.php?id=220"]http://www.customfire.com/details.php?id=220[/url]

[/quote]

What is the password?
Check your PM.
[quote name='davepa' timestamp='1353880522' post='503940']

I SHOT THIS AT SITTING OUTSIDE ONE OF THE ALEXANDRIA STATIONS THIS YEAR. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE DESIGNATION OF THIS IS AND THE YEAR AND MAKE OF THIS UNIT?

[Image: ALEXANDRIA13310.jpg]

[/quote]

I do believe it is the rehab bus and it is not crammed in there it sits outside to the right of the station now that new truck 204 is parked there until training is completed.
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Alexandria's new pumps....from Customfire's website....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just read in the AFD Spring newsletter that the budget for next year has three pumpers to use as rotation and reserve units. This is in addition to the order of nine they have for front line service. I wonder if they are going to keep any of the Pierce engines at all.

Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
Dave those engines are absolutely beat to hell form what I hear. Have we heard about a new Rescue or Hazmat anytime soon?

Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Quote:Dave those engines are absolutely beat to hell form what I hear. Have we heard about a new Rescue or Hazmat anytime soon?

No news yet.
Dave McClung

express permission.
Gentlemen, At one time, I had a pretty good handle on my Alexandria FD roster. Now, not so much. So, I am asking for your help with several questions, please.

1. Have any of the new Custom Fire engines gone into service?

2. What is the status of FS10? Is it nearing completetion, or will it be a while longer?

3. If FS10 is not open, or if it will be some time before it is ready, will the 10th Custom Fire engine be used as a reserve?

4. Have any additional Custom Fire engines been ordered?

5. Does anyone know the status of the Spartan/Crimson/ERV ladder for Truck 103?

Thanks for any information you may have to share.

Jerry

Jerry, we visited Alexandria on Monday. The new engines started going in service that day. We were told 203, 207, 208, and 209 had received theirs. However all were out on calls or training, so we didn't manage to get any photographed. We also talked with the Truck crew at 203 ad they said October time frame for the new tower. Hope this info helps.
Quote:I believe thats the Rehab Bus at FS 209.....I dont have any stats on it yet.
i dont know what the year is but as for the make and model it is a gillig phantom.
Quote:Gentlemen, At one time, I had a pretty good handle on my Alexandria FD roster. Now, not so much. So, I am asking for your help with several questions, please.

1. Have any of the new Custom Fire engines gone into service?

2. What is the status of FS10? Is it nearing completetion, or will it be a while longer?

3. If FS10 is not open, or if it will be some time before it is ready, will the 10th Custom Fire engine be used as a reserve?

4. Have any additional Custom Fire engines been ordered?

5. Does anyone know the status of the Spartan/Crimson/ERV ladder for Truck 103?

Thanks for any information you may have to share.

Jerry

Jerry, I am going to be in Alexandria in a week and a half, I am not planning on much shooting other than the new Foam unit at DCA but I will make a swing through my old home town and  see if I can shoot a new rig or two and see if I can get some clarification. I thought delayed until late 2013 early 2014 for FS 210.
Dave McClung

express permission.
Ask why none of the new Alex rigs have deck guns while your there. Have not heard much talk about it. Inquiring minds would like to know.
IIRC, they're running preconnected ground monitors out of the rear compartment next to the rear intake.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:IIRC, they're running preconnected ground monitors out of the rear compartment next to the rear intake.

Thats good and all.....but no deck gun? Seems like taking valuable tools out of the tool box is not such s great idea.
RE 206 is for sale with a new look http://www.fentonfire.com/new_listings/l...p?lid=6349

For anyone keeping up I see Truck 208 a Pierce Arrow XT TDA is now the Reserve Truck and the Spartan Midmount at 209 is now running as Truck 208.

Trey White