Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Kensington, PA Bureau of Fire

1979 Chevy C-30/Zoresco  This was the first Haz-Mat truck of the city.  This was placed in service in 1986 as Haz-Mat 2

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department

Ambulance 2, a 1987 Ford #-350/Braun.  This replaced the 1980.  Taken at the 1989 State Firemans Convention in Latrobe, PA with Squad 4 and old Air 1 behind it.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

A shot of Ambulance 2, Ambulance 4, 1982 Ford E-350/Braun, Ambulance 5 1979 Dodge, Rescue 4, a 1974 Ford Econolyne/  With Engine 3 and Ladder 1 in the background.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

A shot of the General and Ambulance 2 with the department pickup, a 1959 Ford F-350 in the station.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

The second Command Post of the Haz-Mat team.  Ex. Unifirst Corp. delivery van.  This was donated by Unifirst.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Engine 2.  This 1970 Mack CF originally served Lower Burrell No. 3.  It was refurbed by them in 1988 by 4-Guys.  It was bought by the City of New Kensington in 2001 and served until September 11, 2008.  Ironically, this same engine was replaced by Lower Burrell No. 3 on September 11, 2001.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

A shot of the Lower Burrell Mack in its original.  1970 Mack CF  serial # CF 685F 10 1209.  1,000 gpm/500 gwt.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

A shot of it after the 4-Guys refurb.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Squad 2

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Service 2  1986 Hendrickson/Marion rescue truck.  Ex. Deptford, NJ.  Purchased by Company 2 in 2006.  This is used as a heavy rescue.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Engine 2  2008 Pierce Impel  1,500 gpm/750 gwt, 40 gft.  First Pierce Impel in service in western PA.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Department service truck.  1988 Ford F-150.  Housed at Station 2

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

The former Service 5, a 1985 Chevrolet / Eastern Rescue.  This unit originally served the Slippery Rock FD in Butler County, PA.  This truck is now serving the Oakley, ID fire department.  Sorry for the selective color, this is the only image of this truck on this computer.

Attached Files Image(s)

The current Service 5, a 1995 Spartan Gladiator / American Fire & Rescue.  This unit formerly formerly served as rescue 882 in the Wayne Twp Fire Department just outside of Indianapolis.  This was also the first due rescue truck to Indianapolis International Airport other than the airports department.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is service 5 while it was still in service as Rescue 882 in Wayne Twp.  Credit to Frank Wegloski for the photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is the old and the new before the old was placed on the back of a flatbed to be shipped to Idaho.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A shot of the 1918 American LaFrance engine that served as Engine 3 until 1949.  This engine was refurbed in 1931 by American LaFrance.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

In 1949, the City of New Kensington purchased this L-Model Mack to replace the 31 year old American LaFrance.  Ths "49", as it is called has a 1,000 gpm Hale 2-stage pump and a 150 gwt.  It served as engine 3 until November of 1970.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Pumping at a house fire in the 1200 block of 2nd Ave.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Hard sleeved to a hydrant at 6th St. & 2nd Ave.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief