Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Apparatus
The Internationals were donated, the Fords were purchased, they're all still in service, it wasn't a replacement buy, it was an add on to the fleet.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Does anyone have a pic of detroit engines or squads to see what they carry. 

Pretty sure 23 isn't close to enough for the sheer size and run totals for ems. Not to mention two yrs is a long ass time for all that running.
There's a picture of one of the new Squad chassis on Facebook, I can't remember where now. Apparently they don't take kindly to sharing them on here, even with proper credit, so you'll have to find them. Anyhow, appears to be the same spec. as the Engines, with a higher raised roof.

Trav!
Quote:There's a picture of one of the new Squad chassis on Facebook, I can't remember where now. Apparently they don't take kindly to sharing them on here, even with proper credit, so you'll have to find them. Anyhow, appears to be the same spec. as the Engines, with a higher raised roof.

Trav!
Even with proper credit, the issue is permission.  Without permission, it is a copyright violation, and I'm the one on the hook should an infringement claim be made.  There's nothing that says you can't link to the page with the image though. Smile
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I saw the pic. Same cab as the 10 engines delivered late summer. However, theres some chatter that these may in fact NOT replace the squads. Nothing set in stone but the chief who was in charge of apparatus is now lo longer employed by DFD. Squad guys DO NOT want these and theres a chance now that they may not

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Quote:Even with proper credit, the issue is permission.  Without permission, it is a copyright violation, and I'm the one on the hook should an infringement claim be made.  There's nothing that says you can't link to the page with the image though. Smile

I hope you didn't think I meant that in a bad way. I was making a funny at learning the hard way, that someone didn't like me sharing the picture (can't even remember where it came from now). At any rate, if I find it again, I'll share. Some forum administrators prohibit linking to Facebook, so that's why I didn't. (I feel like it's more of a personal agenda, and worrying that another social media site is going to make their forum extinct more than anything.)

Quote:I saw the pic. Same cab as the 10 engines delivered late summer. However, theres some chatter that these may in fact NOT replace the squads. Nothing set in stone but the chief who was in charge of apparatus is now lo longer employed by DFD. Squad guys DO NOT want these and theres a chance now that they may not

Good for them! I hope those other 6 become Engines and the Squads do indeed get replaced with Squads. I knew the guys wanted to replace them with walk-ins like they have now, but the downside to the alternative is, those things are already bandaged together and on their last leg, making these 6 Engines and buying Squads next year will only delay, and make things worse. 6/1-1/2 dozen the other.
Here are a few pictures, they've already changed the bumpers, and as I said, the roof on these are the taller option than the Engines.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-RyU10xgH9/

https://www.facebook.com/SpartanEmergenc...=3&theater

Trav!

I normally sit stuff like this out, but this kind of bothers me, that this is the mentality. I know, this guy bears no effect on the outcome of the Engine/Squad debacle, but do people REALLY think like this? The FDNY does it, so surely it will work for EVERYONE! Let me say, this bears nothing on my opinion of FDNY, it just bothers me that people have this mindset.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:I normally sit stuff like this out, but this kind of bothers me, that this is the mentality. I know, this guy bears no effect on the outcome of the Engine/Squad debacle, but do people REALLY think like this? The FDNY does it, so surely it will work for EVERYONE! Let me say, this bears nothing on my opinion of FDNY, it just bothers me that people have this mindset.

Well he did gloss over the fact that FDNY has true dedicated Rescues as well.  Yes this thinking is very alive and well in the fire services. 

I'm sure anyone that has worked in apparatus sales will tell you that they've run across this more than a few hundred times.  Worse yet is the mentality that we like option A because mfg B does it that way.  Then when you ask why they can give you no logical answer better yet if you or another mfg do it a better way and you can prove it they still refuse to acknowledge it.

I've also witnessed many a truck purchased with options on them that a department will never use, but were copied off another dept nearby or big city.  I once had to repeat a mistake on a walk in rescue, not because it was a good idea but

because they saw it on another rig and even after being told it was a cumbersome mistake (made it difficult to access the equipment in the field) they still wanted it on their rig so it was a copy of the original.

I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to bang my head into a brick wall, as it would have done more good.

Kris
Engine 1

2015 Spartan Metrostar/Smeal

1500/500

1 of 10 delivered

Shane MacKichan

Vancouver, B.C.

[url="http://www.vancouverfirepics.com"]Vancouver Fire Pics[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/fyregeek"]My YouTube videos[/url]
If anyone wants the old Engine 1:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Metropolitan-Water-fire-truck-rescue-/301828599832?forcerrptr=true&hash=item464662f018:g:WpoAAOSwYaFWcv60&item=301828599832

About $17,000 too high based on the beating it took if you ask me.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Does any one have a picture of the booster line on the new Detroit wagons? We're spec'ing a new wagon and I heard they have a different way of deploying it off the officers side.

Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Quote:I saw the pic. Same cab as the 10 engines delivered late summer. However, theres some chatter that these may in fact NOT replace the squads. Nothing set in stone but the chief who was in charge of apparatus is now lo longer employed by DFD. Squad guys DO NOT want these and theres a chance now that they may not
I saw on the Smeal dealers page that those squads were changed to being built as just regular engines. is what it looks like they decided.
Detroit, MI Ladder 7

2017 Ferrara 'Inferno'

2000/300/100ft. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Good looking rig.  Curious as to how it holds up.    

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
Along with the HME Squads and Smeal RMLs, they have another Ferrara Tower, a rear mount, on order, and several Ferrara engines that appear to be flat roofs.
Detroit, MI Ladder 6

2017 Ferarra 'Inferno'

1500/300/100ft.

Not in service

Attached Files Image(s)

The Detroit rigs are looking sharp
Trey White
Well nothing should let a manufacturer know how well the product stands up quite like the work they will see in detroit. Hopefully the equipment is a user friendly for the environment and alow the members safer working conditions.

Looking forward to seeing the new squad setup. Can anyone fill us in on what's gone on with the newer squads. Mainly the rigs themselves, what became of what was the original squad replacements. Only heard bits and pieces, and you know how that goes in the fire service.