Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOZZLEMAN'S PICTURES
I took this picture about 9 years ago and I am not sure if this rig is still in service or not. The rig is assigned to the fire house at the Lincoln Airport and was one of the lowest companies in the Department

[Image: LFR_Engine_11_09042006_006_zpsv22cr5vn.jpg]

Dave
[Image: LFR_Engine_11_09042006_001_zpsmalajwgb.jpg]

Dave
[Image: LFR_Engine_11_09042006_005_zpsgxez1gon.jpg]

Dave
Lincoln, Nebraska

Lincoln Fire And Rescue

Engine 10

2006 E\-One Typhooon

[Image: LFR_Engine_10_08122006_004_zpsz1xq3yxb.jpg]

Dave
[Image: LFR_Engine_10_08122006_008_zpsijtxjqqi.jpg]

Dave
[Image: LFR_Engine_10_08122006_003_zpsbzob4z4s.jpg]

Dave
[Image: LFR_Engine_10_08122006_011_zpswoomnqk8.jpg]

Dave
[Image: LFR_Engine_10_08122006_009_zpsnoa7bkmz.jpg]

Dave
Where do they hide the ladders on that Engine?  In that flat compartment above the big roll up?

Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
If I remember correctly the Engine Companies in Lincoln did not have ladders on the rigs

Dave
I took this in 2006 at the Nebraska State Fair. It is the 487 Fire Rig and yes that is me and no I did not have hair back then either.

[Image: 487th_Fire_Rigs_0008_zps8bj9cw49.jpg]

Dave
487th Rescue 1

[Image: 487th_Fire_Rigs_0006_zps2fxy3ci1.jpg]

Dave
Sorry tried to post a video of Henderson Fire but could not get it to post.

Dave
I paid a visit to FireTrucks Unlimited today and was given the grand tour and shown around. The place is amazing.

Here is one of the rigs that they were working on when I was there.

[Image: GEDC0576_zpsxyv3ffjx.jpg]

This is before the work was done on the rig. It comes from the FIRETRUCKS UNLIMITED Website and used with permission.

[Image: z-1261-US-Navy-Oshkosh-T-1500-01.JPG]

Here is another one from their website that is used with permission. It is a better picture of the rig.

[Image: l-1261-US-Navy-Oshkosh-T-1500-01.JPG]

Check out the link below for more pictures of the entire process. It was amazing to look at just what all they did.

http://www.firetrucksunlimited.com/1261-...sh-t-1500/

I talked with Brian one of the guys there and that was FDNY Rescue 5 and it was being stored there for about a month and half and has gone back to Cali where it is permanently stored.

Dave
No ground ladders? Say what? Why not?

Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
I'm fairly certain the ground ladders are stored over the rear compartment.
Ground ladders on the Lincoln rigs are stored flat just below the hose bed in the rear....on the *newer* E-ones, they are over eight feet in the air and difficult to access.  The new Smeal pumper (Engine 2) has a ladder compartment in the rear at a little more manageable height and stored on the beam.

NFPA requires *I believe* a minimum 24 foot, 14 foot, and 10 foot ladder for an Engine Company.  We have the bare minimum.

Quote:Ground ladders on the Lincoln rigs are stored flat just below the hose bed in the rear....on the *newer* E-ones, they are over eight feet in the air and difficult to access.  The new Smeal pumper (Engine 2) has a ladder compartment in the rear at a little more manageable height and stored on the beam.

NFPA requires *I believe* a minimum 24 foot, 14 foot, and 10 foot ladder for an Engine Company.  We have the bare minimum.
Chief,

We had similar issues with our ladder storage. Like most departments we suffered for many years with our apparatus bodies getting larger. We ended up with big bodies and unused space. The ladders were difficult to access. We retuned to a more urban style high side low side body with side mount ladders. Now we just need to go on a quint diet and dry out our trucks.

Good to see Dry Trucks back on the Lincoln Fire Department roster.

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
I know it has been a while since I posted but we had a lot of issues with my father in law and his health. He past away a couple of months ago and we moved as I changed jobs. The complex I now work at is a senior complex.

I took this a couple weeks ago of Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Rescue  on the scene at the complex I work for.

LAS VEGAS FIRE RESCUE 5

20?? INTERNATIONAL

LVFR ID NO 1620

ON SCENE AT COUNTRY CLUB AT VALLEY VIEW SENIOR APARTMENTS

[Image: LVFR_RESCUE_5-X2.jpg]

[Image: LVFR_RESCUE_5_001-X2.jpg]

[Image: LVFR_RESCUE_5_002-X2.jpg]

Dave
Hello all I know I posted this picture in the post about the Cosmo fire but I thought I would post it here. I am going to try and get by Station 19 this weekend where this rig is housed at and get some better pictures of it.

Clark County Fire Department Air Unit.

[Image: CCFD%20AIR%2019-X2.jpg]

Dave