Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOZZLEMAN'S PICTURES
SEVERAL MEMBERS OF THE GARDENVILLE CREW IN A PARADE. THIS WAS SENT TO ME BY A FORMER MEMBER OF THE JUNIOR FIREFIGHTERS THAT I TALK WITH OCCASIONALLY AND I WAS GIVEN PERMISSION TO USE.

[Image: gfpd029-vi.jpg]

Dave
ANOTHER FROM THAT SAME PARADE.

[Image: gfpd030-vi.jpg]

Dave
HERE IS A BETTER PICTURE THE GUY IN THE OFFICER SEAT WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MY FATHERS I JUST CANNOT REMEMBER HIS NAME TO SAVE MY LIFE.

[Image: gfpd031-vi.jpg]

Dave
GARDENVILLE STATION WITH THREE MEMBERS OF THE JUNIOR FIREFIGHTERS SITTING OUT FRONT. RIGS IN THE HOUSE ARE ENGINE COMPANY 72 AND RESCUE 7

NO I AM NOT IN THIS PICTURE.

[Image: gfpd032-vi.jpg]

HERE IS THE MODERN DAY STATION THAT STANDS WHERE THE OLD GARDENVILLE STATION ONCE STOOD.

THIS WAS SENT TO ME BY ONE OF OUR FORMER MEMBERS.

[Image: affton3-vi.jpg]

Dave
THIS WAS 706 THE SECOND AMBULANCE THAT THE DEPARTMENT HAD. IT WAS BOUGHT BY THE FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATION AT ONE TIME IT WAS PART OF THE MEHLVILLE DEPARTMENT.

[Image: Affton306Old706-vi.jpg]

Dave
GARDENVILLE ENGINE COMPANY 72 AFTER THE AFFTON FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT TOOK OVER THE DEPARTMENT. IT IS SHOWN HERE AS PART OF THE AFFTON DEPARTMENT.

[Image: Affton33Old72a-vi.jpg]

AND YES I USE TO RIDE THE BACK STEP OF THE RIG. GOD WHAT A THRILL. AND LIKE I JUST SAID TO MY WIFE I MISS THOSE DAYS. I WAS YOUNG AND NAIVE. SIGH GETTING OLD SUCKS.

[Image: Affton33Old72b-vi.jpg]
Dave
ONE OF THE OLD MEMBERS OF THE JUNIORS FIREFIGHTERS WAS ABLE TO RESCUE THIS FROM THE OLD STATION WHEN IT WAS TORN DOWN. THANK GOD A PART OF HISTORY WAS SAVED.

[Image: Gardenville001-vi.jpg]

Dave
This is the Day room of the Gardenville Station. I dont remember who is pictured in this one.

[Image: gfpd033-vi.jpg]

Dave
Guys riding the back step.

[Image: gfpd036-vi.jpg]

Dave
okay this is shared in the St. Louis Metro thread. The unit pictured is Engine Co 71, which I rode on and which my father rode on and was a Engineer of. At least the rig was saved for a while. I do not know what happened to Eng. 71 but I have some great memories of the rig.

This is not my photograph and credit is the original photographer.

[Image: post2070126971937812-vi.jpg]

Dave
Another of Affton Engine 33 which use to be Gardenville Engine Co 72. I miss those days.

[Image: post2070126988222745-vi.jpg]

Dave
Rescue 7 after the department was absorbed by Affton. This is part of another thread and I have it as part of my overall collection because of the connection. Credit goes to the original photographer.

[Image: post2070126988222836-vi.jpg]

Dave
Scottsbluff Fire Department Engine 1

[Image: 1ab0-vi.jpg]

Dave
Here is a Old Mack that the Scottsbluff Fire Department had at one time. I want to say this picture was take in the 1960's but I am not sure.

Credit goes to the original photographer.

[Image: acae-vi.jpg]

Dave
Scottsbluff Fire Engine 4

[Image: bf2c-vi.jpg]

Dave
Members of the department in 1917 displaying their first Fire Truck.

[Image: c8e6-vi.jpg]

Picture given to me as part of a project. The original hangs in Fire Headquarters in Scottsbluff.

Dave
HENDERSON FIRE BATTALION 9 OUTSIDE OF STATION 98

[Image: 100_0163-vi.jpg]

Dave
As I posted in the calendar today the Clark County Fire Department held their every other month Open House. This time it was at Station 31, It was suppose to be at another station to celebrate the opening of a new station but the new station is not finished yet.

The station that is opening is the new Station 16. The current Station is on Nellis between Charleston and Stewart the new one is opening about two miles away on Washington and Mt. Hood. I was able to swing by and get a picture of the new Station. It looks great and I also got one of the older station. I will post them in the Nevada Fire Stations thread in a little while. A bit of news on this is that when they move from the old station The Engine and Truck will be going to the new one and Rescue 16 will cease to exist as the rig and members will be reassigned to Station 32 and Rescue 16 will become Rescue 232.

First up is Truck 16 as I walked up to the Station.

Truck 16 is a 2013 Pierce Quantum.

I was talking with one of the Firefighters and Engineer from Truck 16 and they told me that from the moment they pull up to the scene till they have the stick in the air and water flowing with this rig is 2 and a half minutes. The Engineer said the biggest issue with the rig is that they have it governed to where it cannot go past 60 mph on the highway. He said when they are running on the highway people are flying by them.

[Image: CCFD_TRUCK_16_OPEN_HOUSE_001-vi.jpg]

Dave
Here is the officers side with the stick in the air.

[Image: CCFD_TRUCK_16_OPEN_HOUSE_002-vi.jpg]

Dave
here's another on with the front of Engine 31 in the picture

[Image: CCFD_TRUCK_16_OPEN_HOUSE_004-vi.jpg]

Dave