Salisbury Twp PA River Road

1977 Hamerly Ford C-8000

Al Powell photo
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1326698723' post='471474']

Salisbury Twp PA River Road

1977 Hamerly Ford C-8000

Al Powell photo

[/quote]
Frank: send me a list of what you need specs on and I will send them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
[quote name='Chester911' timestamp='1326718301' post='471478']

Frank: send me a list of what you need specs on and I will send them.

[/quote] Just the dates (Delivered) and Hamerly # of what you have.
Horsham PA Hamerly Dodge

Al Powell photo

Attached Images
  • [url="http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=283851"][Image: post-389-0-74234200-1326338237.jpg][/url]

I believe this rig was sold to Harold's Sales & Service (Ball Ground, GA) and repainted red. It then served the Lake Arrowhead VFD which eventually became Station 17 in Cherokee County, GA.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Dave. From what I can tell you are probably right as they only made 2 Wildcat mini pumpers on a 2 wheel drive Dodge 300 chassis and Horsham was one of them.

lll make contact with Cherokee County FD to confirm.
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1326673919' post='471381']

[/quote]

One of the two Hamerly pumpers from Conshocken #2 was sold to the Dieners Hill Fire Department in Schuylkill County, Pa for $1,000... it was taken out of service a couple of years ago with the body basically falling apart. As far as I know it was scrapped.
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1326698392' post='471473']

Silver Spring PA West Hempfield Twp

1977 Hamerly IH Loadstar 1800

Al Powell photo

[/quote]

Sold to the Scalp Level-Paint Fire Department in Cambria/Somerset County, Pa, it is still in service as far as I know. I drove this piece when it was running at West Hempfield, it has a gas motor/automatic transmission and is a gutless wonder. Also no power steering on it for some reason, it is a real dog... West Hempfield was running it as thier QRS vehicle for a number of years after thier new rescue truck was delivered.
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1326521554' post='471196']

Fairfield PA

1979 Hamerly IH 750gpm

Unknown photographer

[/quote]

This was given to the Adams County, Pa Fire School as thier training engine, it is still there being used as the training engine for the few classes that are held there. As far as I know it still has the Hamerly logo plates on it, I eyed them up a couple of times but never asked about removing them LOL.
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1326521882' post='471200']

Mount Holly NJ Union 77 Hamerly Dodge PW

Al Powell photo

[/quote]

This is one of my favorites, this was a demo from Hamerly and was actually painted up with the standard Hamerly colors showing the different shades that they could make in thier paint shop. It was sold to Mount Holly, NJ and has since been taken out of service...not sure where it was sold to but I would love to have this sitting in my garage!!
[quote name='Rheems1' timestamp='1326828801' post='471662']

One of the two Hamerly pumpers from Conshocken #2 was sold to the Dieners Hill Fire Department in Schuylkill County, Pa for $1,000... it was taken out of service a couple of years ago with the body basically falling apart. As far as I know it was scrapped.

[/quote]dieners hill still has theirs.
[quote name='theunknowncomic' timestamp='1326836193' post='471694']

dieners hill still has theirs.

[/quote]

They do?? They told me that it fell apart and was scrapped, I will put it back on my list of active stuff and get some pictures of it.. I photographed it late in the evening so my pictures aren't good. Is there talk of getting rid of it??
hey fritz give them a call.
[quote name='Rheems1' timestamp='1326829259' post='471664']

This was given to the Adams County, Pa Fire School as thier training engine, it is still there being used as the training engine for the few classes that are held there. As far as I know it still has the Hamerly logo plates on it, I eyed them up a couple of times but never asked about removing them LOL.

[/quote]

I confirmed with Adams County Deputy ES Director that it is in fact still there. They were even kind enough to go out and read me the numbers off the manufactuers pump plate for me! I will be in Gettysburg in March and will re-photograph it there then!

Thanks for the tip Rheems!
Mahopac NY Ladder 18-5-1

1977 Oskosh/LTI/Hamerly Body Works

Served 1977-2001

Now Serving Kingsbury NY (Washington County) as Tower 383

[quote name='Chester911' timestamp='1326682054' post='471413']

Elk Lake was a Hamerly demo

[/quote]

My sister teaches in Elk Lake, PA. This piece is no longer there, replaced by a homemade brush truck on an ex-military Chevy pickup truck chassis.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Ironville PA

1977 Hamerly Ford C-900

Al Powell photo
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1327522210' post='472491']

Ironville PA

1977 Hamerly Ford C-900

Richard Adelman photo

[/quote]
Hyde Park PA Hamerly Dodge PW 300

Al Powell photo