Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OCEAN CITY VFC, MD
I am guessing that the Matador rig is a reserve due to the lack of hose in the bed? Or am I wrong in my thinking and they don't need a lot of hose?

John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Quote:I am guessing that the Matador rig is a reserve due to the lack of hose in the bed? Or am I wrong in my thinking and they don't need a lot of hose?

Matador is a town of about 1200 people on the eastern edge of the Texas Panhandle.

This is a front line engine.

There is a lot of ranch land surrounding the town so they have some brush rigs and tankers.  The area looks like what you would see in old time westerns-rolling hills with a lot of brush, mesquite and tumbleweeds. 

I do not think there is a lot of fire activity within the city.

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Thanks Lindsay

John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Quote:1. Hit either quote link below the "reply to this topic.".

2.Select "More reply options"

3. Scroll down to Attach Files

4. Click Browse which will let you scroll through your files to find the photo.

5. Click, double click or do whatever is required to place the file in the browse box

6. Below the browse box, click "Attach this File."  File must be smaller than than 200kb.

7.  At some point you can add comments.

8. Click add reply at the bottom of the page

I've enjoyed this topic.  I like these department profile type posts. 

Thanks all.

Joe
Joe or anybody,

Is there a way of making the file smaller ?  Was too big to upload.  E-mail me at ba000049@aol.com instead of tying up this thread.

Many thanks,

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
Quote:[Image: 1011_0044.jpg]

1981 Sutphen 1250-500 (no build plate found) Engine 1 Matador, TX (ex Ocean City, MD)

Left Side View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: attachicon.gif]MackFireLogoModified.JPG
HS-1593

Quote:HS-1593

Dave:

Thanks for the job number.

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX