Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Fire Department
on the lakefront near the Calumet Harbor Coast Guard Station. According to a website...they are about 10 miles south near the Illinois/Indiana border
In calumet Park..which is the far southeast side of Chicago...9500 south on the lake front..3200 east or so on Foreman Drive..Meigs field is now known as Northerly Island..the firehouse there abandoned for a coupla years now
Thanks dude, I'm hoping to make a trip there sometime in Oct. and wanted to swing by there while I'm out and about.
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
ambulance 6, housed with engine 78.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Srresquire' post='21067' date='Aug 9 2006, 20:16 ']Tug to move the 3 choppers around[/quote]

Hmmm...I think our good friend Karl might give up the Stair unit at Midway and put in for this rig instead?
Does anyone know what Truck 45 was running before they got the 02 E\-One they presently have? Same for Engine 92 before they received the ALF/Freightliner they currently have. If possible could you post a picture(s)? I know 92 had an ALF Century, but I don't know when they stopped running that. Thanks in advance.
[color="#FF0000"]D Herndobler[/color]
[quote name='CFD Adv207' post='23817' date='Aug 17 2006, 20:36 ']Does anyone know what Truck 45 was running before they got the 02 E\-One they presently have? Same for Engine 92 before they received the ALF/Freightliner they currently have. If possible could you post a picture(s)? I know 92 had an ALF Century, but I don't know when they stopped running that. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Yes Truck 45 was running with a 1976 model American La France rear mounted Aerial Ladder Truck which was not rebuilt.In the 90's Truck's 31 and 9 were running with two American La France 1973 model rear mounted Trucks that were rebuilt in 1991 at the same time that the CFD had Seagrave rebuild over 20 Aerial Ladders over several years.

Engine 92 had been using a 1992/93 Spartan Luverne Engine that was reassigned to Engine 129 and was recently reassigned to the Spare Engine pool when Engine 129 was reassigned a newer rig less then a year ago.

Engine 92 lost their ALF Century in May of 1993 when they received their Spartan Luverne.

Engine 92 is not an ALS Engine however Engine 120 which is a little over a mile and half east of Engine 92 is an ALS Engine.It would make sense if Engine 92 were to become ALS as it is an outlying company and if 92's Ambulance (17) and other nearby Ambulances are out on runs(as they often are) it could be a long wait for another Ambulance to arrive.

Firepost.
Thank you Firepost. So it was a ALF Century? What happened to it when the E\-One arrived? I assume because it was 25+ years old it was just disposed of....
CFD IL E-87 Mack B. Photo By John Winterfield.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Truck 17 on a medical run on the southeast side.

Attached Files Image(s)

A couple of angles of Engine 58 docked at the filtration plant just north of Navy Pier

Attached Files Image(s)

A rainy day shot of Truck 45 backing in to quarters. I would have put the camera out the window, but water and my camera do not mix...

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 58

[Image: 100_3038.jpg]

I know this isn't FD related but was there when I toured E.58

[Image: 100_2986.jpg]
E.96/L.29

[Image: 100_2430.jpg]
E.98 [Spare D521] The Castle Firehouse

[Image: 100_3071.jpg]
E.65/L.52 [Backdraft was filmed here]

[Image: 100_3123.jpg]