Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Fire Department
A frew more "oldies" with more to come as I have time.

4-7-4

Scott

Attached Files Image(s)

6-1-1

Attached Files Image(s)

6-7-1

Attached Files Image(s)

6-7-2

Attached Files Image(s)

Love these old Chicago photos! Thanks for posting guys. What's the story with the White over Red rigs, now knowing that the Saulsbury/Spartan was ordered from the factory like that, it seems a bit odd.

Thanks,

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I was wondering the same thing.
I was wondering the same thing.
The white over red panel vans were part of the EPDS Emergency Preparedness Disaster Service aka the Civil Defence. Up til 1989 the CFD had a squad of volunteer members who manned an old staiton and responded with auxillary appratus to elevated alarms. Later the EMS side took over the rigs and all the EMS side equipment is white over red.

[url="http://www.chicagofd.org/apparatusphotosepds.html"]http://www.chicagofd.org/apparatusphotosepds.html[/url]
Thanks
[quote name='firephoto' timestamp='1351500031' post='501879']

6-1-1

[/quote]

I am guessing a hose wagon or am I wrong?
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
[quote name='countryboy88' timestamp='1351561638' post='501963']

I am guessing a hose wagon or am I wrong?

[/quote]

Yup its a hose wagon.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
I've seen photos of a new yellow/lime pumper marked 12S. Anyone know where it will be assigned?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Ohare 12 Spare until a new ARFF station is open then it will go frontline
How are the Snorkel Squad companies staffed and how are they dispatched? Do the two units always run together or do they run individually? Are both units equipped the same as far as rescue tools and such go, or is the snorkel set up just for firefighting and the squad as a rescue?
Chicago Squads 1, 2, 5 are equipped the same, run as two piece squads on all incidents they are dispatched to. They respond on working fires, rescues, haz mat, dive, etc. in their respective response areas.
Thanks....What is the normal staffing of the two piece squad companies?
4 on the Squad, 2 in the snorkel
Thanks for the info. I always thought that was an interesting concept for Chicago.
Finally have time for a few more.. old 6-7-3

Attached Files Image(s)

current 6-7-3?

Attached Files Image(s)