Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1963 C Model Mack/Gerstenslager Rescue
Just like Gary said... saw it at the Croton Muster (Went up there a few times with Gary and FireMark as well). Did the truck come with all the gear or was it added as time went on after Croton sold it? The Hurst Tool is a nice touch!
[quote name='T Niss' timestamp='1311561335' post='449761']

Anyone know the history on this rig? Also any other Mack/Gerstenslagers out there? C or CF Macks?

[/quote]

LYNN MASS RAN THE SAME TRUCK AS RESCUE 1 YEARS A GO.
[quote name='B95MACKFIRE' timestamp='1311617150' post='449815']

Linn Mass had one just like it, was red then they slimed it. On a side note.was on my way to pick up my B-95 in NH when I got of I-91 from New York I had a piss call . I drove about 1/4 mile to find a dirt road walked op a few feet and there in the woods was the C-Model from Linn in the woods !

[/quote]

WERE IN NH BECAUSE A GUY ON LYNN US TO OWN THE TRUCK , HE WAS GOING TO MAKE A CAMPER OUT OF IT.
Here's a shot from Croton muster...late 80's or early 90's

Gary

Attached Files Image(s)

Croton Chemical Engine Co. 1 - Maxim F - Another beauty, hope its maintained somewhere...

Attached Files Image(s)

That is most definately a sweet looking rig! Thanks for the interior shots.
Croton Washington Engine Co. 2 - Mack CF (sorry to go off topic a bit, but shows an "era" in a department...)

Attached Files Image(s)

Last one from Croton - Harmon Engine Co. 3 - Ward LaFrance

Attached Files Image(s)

The tools were all added by the current owner. He actually bought the Rescue a while ago but only took it to its first muster a couple of weeks ago. He wanted to equip it first. At the next muster I'll get some more compartment shots. I think our next event is August 28. The Gibson Road/German American Muster in Warminster, PA. I'm not sure if he is taking the Mack or not. I'll be there with my 1970 CF Mack Engine though.
Sweet... Hope I can meet you in person.
That is a GORGEOUS rig! Thanks for posting!