Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint: Vintage Apparatus
I forgot to make one change to the drawing, the siren on Lambertville's truck is not on the front fender.
GMC/American LaFrance city service ladder truck from the Lebanon Fire Co. The unit was operated by the Sea Bright FD in NJ before being operated in Lebanon. Credits are posted in the drawing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Newark NJ. Rescue Squad 1

Attached Files Image(s)

FDNY GMC Oxygen Therapy Unit. Credits posted in the drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

A Calvar FWD brush rig. This unit appeared a few times on Emergency! but I couldn't find any great pictures of it. So most of it is probably not true to the real unit. Igave it a shot anyway. Credits posted in the drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Old Boston Rescue 2. Credits posted in the drawing.

Malden Mass Rescue 1, Mack B

Attached Files Image(s)

I keep fine-tuning this drawing as I acquire better photo references . . . Syracuse had a few of these, some were still around as spares when I came on the job 40 years ago and they are still one of my favorite classic rigs. The open cabs and riding the tailboard in Central New York winters were no fun.

A 1987 Mack MC/ Freuhauf Decon unit for the FDNY.

A generic floodlight truck. I based the drawing from a picture of an old LA City lighting unit and came up with this.

Attached Files Image(s)

Something I just threw together

I started a fictional dept. along with my two sons. Their modern apparatus is in the other MSPaint thread so here is the beginning of their vintage apparatus. A Ward LaFrance quad from the Hook & Ladder company.

Two more units for my fictional department. First is an International/Fire Boss ARFF unit. The drawing is based off of a photo of a similar unit from the Edmonton FD.

Attached Files Image(s)

And the second is the current Oshkosh Stryker.

Put that in the wrong thread.....

The original hand drawn apparatus of my fictional department. Engine 1's Newsham style engine. My first drawing done completely by me from scratch.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hook and Ladder co.

Company 4's chemical wagon.

Attached Files Image(s)

A Mack Bulldog power unit.

Attached Files Image(s)

Utilizing EMTChris67's Mack B sedan pumper, I made some modifications and came up with this rig. S