Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint: Vintage Apparatus
Here are a bunch of DC Rescue Squads. All of the drawings are done from photos in the apparatus thread, I've never seen any of them so there may be some details I don't know of and are not in the drawing. The first is Rescue Squad 1. Credits are posted in the drawings.

Attached Files Image(s)

Same unit after a re-paint and new company assignment.

Attached Files Image(s)

Same style rig but lettered for the Haz Mat unit and carrying an inflatable boat.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rescue Squad 2's Ford C-8000 chassis

Attached Files Image(s)

Rescue Squad 2's Frieghtliner chassis with an E\-One body

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And Rescue Squad 2's Ford L series with an E\-One body.

This is a retired tender from my Department. It is a 1974 Ford L-8000 with a Great Eastern bodywork. This was as simple as a truck comes,truck and tank. No pump, no hose, no tools. It has a two person cab, 3" tank fill on each side and believe it or not, a 3" dump valve! Somewhere in the early 90's we had the old steel tank removed and had a 1500 gallon poly tank (the biggest we could fit inside the body) installed along with a 10" dump valve. The unit has been turned over to the RTDPW and is currently used for supplying water at road work sites. Credits are posted in the drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Been a while since I've been able to post but here is one that I recently finished up. Elizabeth NJ's 1989 Freightliner/ Emergency One. Credits are posted in the drawing.

Seeing firemark's work on the DCFD Rescue Squads over the generations reminded me of my old VFD's 1st rescue truck, a 1970 Ford/Salisbury we bought in the late 80's from Nedrow, NY. I drew it up from memory, so any technical errors are, well, oops. This apparatus was replaced a couple years later with a new E\-One rescue truck. I will work on it later as time allows.

New Brunswick NJ Ladder Co. 2's 1973 Ward LaFrance LTI tiller. This truck was also once in service in Anne Arundel Cty MD.

A buddy and I were dreaming of forming our own fictitious fire company. His last name is Westrich and we decided to combine our names and came up with WESCO. He has been restoring a 1971 Ford/American for a couple years now.

Just an old volunteer engine, no one's in particular. Credits posted in the drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lebanon NJ's 1982 ALF 75 foot Water Chief. Unit was replaced in 2002 with a Seagrave 75 foot aerial. credits are posted in the drawing.

Boston fuel wagon. Credit to KDWMAEMT or RIEMT for the door logo. I enlarged it and totally distorted it though.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lacking detail but I'm not doing anything else to it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lambertville NJ's Union Fire Company #1 operated this 1975 Ford C-8000 with a Hammerly body. The unit had a 250 GPM pump and a 400 Gallon tank.

Attached Files Image(s)

This 1923 Ahrens Fox is still owned by Lambertville, NJ's Union Fire Company #1. It went through a legal fight over ownership in the late 70's. The Fire Company at one time donated the truck to the NJ State Fire Muesum. For years this was a paper muesum and no action was being taken to build a facility. The Union went to court to take "Old Nell" back. She is now in The Union/Fleetwing Muesum in Lambertville. The is discussion on trying to bring back a 1980 American LaFrance Engine also that once served Union. It is be tracked down and is in Florida at this time... MORE to Follow!

In 1979 Lambertville, NJ's Union Fire Company had a basement fire that damaged a 1961 American LaFrance 900 pumper. It was replaced with this 1980 ALF. The Union sold it in 2001 to buy an Engine by 3D/RD Murray. I found the rig on eBay this month and mentioned it to their Chief... Well as luck has it, The Union is working on a deal to try to get this rig home to NJ... Hopefully it comes back from Jacksonville, FLA from "retirement" to sit with pride in the company's muesum soon.
Fireman5230 beat me to it but here is my version of Lambertville's Ahrens Fox. This drawing is dedicated to the life and memory of FF/EMT Collin Abrams. "Old Nell" will be carrying him on his last alarm this Saturday, July 21st 2012.