Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Once is not enough.....
This 1999 Ford F-450/Anchor Richey EVS 250/250/10AF 4x4 once ran as Engine 1180 in Sunset Beach, NC.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It currently responds as Brush 1285 in nearby Calabash, NC.

Engine 11, Pickens County, GA

1986 Pierce Dash

1000/750/100F

#E-3105-08

x-US Navy

Now serving as a training engine at the Georgia Public Safety Training Center in Forsyth, GA.

Engine 9, Henry County, GA

1989 Spartan/F.M.C. Sentinel

1250/750

x-Stockbridge, GA

Now known as "Karen" with the Pink Heals Tour.

That Gwinett County engine got repaired and returned to service??
Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
Quote:That Gwinett County engine got repaired and returned to service??
Unless something has happened to it since May, it is still in service.  I don't know the specifics, if Gwinnett had it fixed and sold it or Gordon bought it wrecked and fixed it, or if there was a third party involved, but the wrecked Engine 3 from Gwinnett is the one now at Gordon County.
Quote:Unless something has happened to it since May, it is still in service.  I don't know the specifics, if Gwinnett had it fixed and sold it or Gordon bought it wrecked and fixed it, or if there was a third party involved, but the wrecked Engine 3 from Gwinnett is the one now at Gordon County.
It sat for almost a year while Gwinnett and American Lafrance fought over it. If I remember correcty, AL wanted $40k more that the purchase price to repair, and the truck had only been in service for 3 weeks.

Not sure the process, but Gwinnett is self insured...so I'm assuming they auctioned it off. 

Gordon bought it already "repaired". It was sitting at a lot on I75 for a place that sells used heavy equipment. They had no idea of the history until after it was bought and has/had many issues.
Quote:It sat for almost a year while Gwinnett and American Lafrance fought over it. If I remember correcty, AL wanted $40k more that the purchase price to repair, and the truck had only been in service for 3 weeks.

Not sure the process, but Gwinnett is self insured...so I'm assuming they auctioned it off. 

Gordon bought it already "repaired". It was sitting at a lot on I75 for a place that sells used heavy equipment. They had no idea of the history until after it was bought and has/had many issues.
Thanks for filling in the blanks!
This is one of my favorite topics on Firepics, I finally have something to add to it!

Back in 2007 I took this parade shot of Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 2003 Pierce Hazmat rig

[Image: DSC09428_zpsiqnrzibz.jpg]
I shot it again in 2012 running as the new to them Hazmat truck at the Forest Glen Annex in Montgomery County, Md

[Image: DSC_0124_zps0pqf9wmn.jpg]
Here is one I missed somehow along the way...

Engine 65-1, North Hempfield FD, Greensburg, PA

1987 F.M.C. Sentinel (Spartan chassis)

1500TM/1000

It later served Dunbar, PA as Engine 12-2.

Ladder 1, Cary, NC

1987 Pierce Arrow

1500/300/105'

#E-3847

Currently responding as Ladder 848 in Buies Creek, NC.

Engine 681, Valley Forge, PA

1991 Grumman Panther II

1500/1000/30F

Now in service as Engine 1122 with the Summerville - Bunnlevel FD in Lillington, NC.

Engine 431, Cotton FD, Hope Mills, NC

1998 American LaFrance Eagle/General Safety

2000/1000

#A05758

In service as Engine 1144 with the Summerville - Bunnlevel FD in Lillington, NC.