Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2016
The first thing I noticed when looking at this rig for Vancouver was "that's a Smeal cab, but it's an all SVI built truck". I asked a rep. about this, and as it was explained to me; the only SVI dealer for all of Canada is also a Smeal dealer, so when the customer requested the cab with their build, it was no problem.

The only E\-One that I shot was this 137' Quint going to Zionsville, Indiana. This rig will stand alone in a station, and act as an Engine in their first due, and truck company throughout the rest of the city.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Great shots Trav! Much appreciated.

This Peterbilt/Jerr Dann demo was on hand, which had a very "Los Angeles" vibe to it (build wise)

Outside was probably more aerials set up than I've ever seen since I began attending. This E\-One Bronto demo is the first I've seen since E\-One reclaimed the Bronto name.

Smeal had this Spartan ladder sitting outside, which will be going to Omaha, Nebraska

Image(s)

Sitting in the Smeal family of trucks was this Freightliner M2/UST tanker for Oconomowoc, Wisconsin.

Below is an overall of the outside setup

Saving the best for last, I'll wrap up my photo excursion with Sutphen; sitting outside was this Industrial Engine on a Monarch chassis.

Indiana had 2 rigs on display by Sutphen; Lowell Engine 6615 and Ligonier Engine Engine 26

This American Flag was stitched into the back wall on the Lowell Engine, a first for me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ligonier Engine 26

And last but not least; the Sutphen SLR 75. Sutphen unveiled their first ever rear mount aerial at this year's convention. Plans are already being discussed for a 75' raised roof, and 108' ladder.

The rear

Image(s)

My final photo for FDIC 2016

Quote:Great shots Trav! Much appreciated.

My pleasure!
Trav:  very nice pics.  The only one I did not see was the Unique one from Fort Garry for the Department of National Defense.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Quote:Trav:  very nice pics.  The only one I did not see was the Unique one from Fort Garry for the Department of National Defense.

My phone (yes that's how I took these  Huh) was beginning to die, and I hurried up and got the Spartan ER rigs, and then had to go out to the truck to charge it for a bit, long story short I passed it, and made a mental note to come back in and get it once my phone was charged, needless to say, I forgot.
Yes thanks very much those were great shots !!! I do like the snorkel line making a come back and the black Ferrera rigs speaks for itself that thing is really sharp. Again thanks for the photos and the time to post them
Very interesting, but where are the Rosenbauer trucks ?

Hey Trav,

Great pictures.  Thanks for posting.

Kevin

This was my first year going to FDIC. Talk about amazing. Rosey had some awesome trucks. That heavy rescue that Ferrar had along with one other truck there were layed out wonderful. Like was stated above, no wasted space on them at all.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!