Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Train Photography
The NRHS convention is in Chattanooga this week. (Lucky us.) The recent conventions are but a sad shell of what they used to be. I miss have 2-3 steam locomotives around. Anyhow, we had a night shoot last PM and here are a couple of the results.

TVRM 610 waits for an NC&StL freight to clear before they amble on down the tracks. Lumadyne lighting provided by Steve Barry of R&R magazine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

TVRM 610 waits at the Grand Juction Depot. I think I'll try more night shots on my own soon.

BTW, I had 3 photos in the Sept. issue of Railfan & Railroad magazine. Pick up a copy and look for the article about Chattanooga.

[quote name='thefireman4501' post='142582' date='Aug 22 2007, 10:18 ']TVRM 610 waits at the Grand Juction Depot. I think I'll try more night shots on my own soon.

BTW, I had 3 photos in the Sept. issue of Railfan & Railroad magazine. Pick up a copy and look for the article about Chattanooga.[/quote]

Punkin, are you trying to become the O. Winston Link of the 21st century? Your color night shots of trains, especially the steamer, are great! The late "master night photographer" might appreciate your work.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
West Lynn Wreck March 29 1910

B.StJohn collection

B.StJohn collection

B.StJohn collection
I'm working at a fire station in Pahokee, along Lake Okeechobee in south central Florida. Working between the farms on former Florida East Coast tracks is the South Central Florida Railroad. Here are a couple of shots I got one day.

Mark Carr photos

These were taken along the Norfolk Southern mainline through Gainesville, GA at the end of August. Not the greatest of photos, I know, but I shot them anyway.

Mark Carr photos

and 3 more from the same stop.

Mark Carr photos

I went to Strasburg the other day and took some shots of Canadian National Engine 89

Assistant Chief <br/>Adam Ebersole
Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54

Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54

Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
Adam

Cool shots thanks for sharing had hoped to make the trip down with my son this summer but couldn't get the time to work out right. Maybe next summer. Also do you have the dates of the 08 Lancaster County Parade?

Thanks again!
[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' post='142602' date='Aug 22 2007, 13:13 ']Punkin, are you trying to become the O. Winston Link of the 21st century? Your color night shots of trains, especially the steamer, are great! The late "master night photographer" might appreciate your work.[/quote]

Rich, you are right on the money with that comment.

Excellent photo Punkin!!!!!!!!!!! Make a fantastic wallpaper!!!

Matt "W"
[quote name='ifd29buff' post='153240' date='Oct 2 2007, 22:49 ']Rich, you are right on the money with that comment.

Excellent photo Punkin!!!!!!!!!!! Make a fantastic wallpaper!!!

Matt "W"[/quote]

BTW, I had the honor of meeting the late Mr O. Winston Link back in 1986. At the time he stored steam locomotive he had acquired along the then long out of service New York, Susquehanna & Western track at Newfoundland, Rockaway Township NJ. At the time the NYS&W was undergoing a rebirth as part of a coast to coast doublestack container route. As there was vandalism to track equipment and work trains where they tied up the railway's PD hired part time security from local PD's and since I dispatched at one I worked quite a few days doing so. One Sunday, the equipment was tied up near Mr Link's place. When I first arrived and checked over the equipment he approached me with a handgun . Only after I used the portable radio provided to contact the train dispatcher was he convinced that I was legit.

Rich Dean
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Locomotive for the Ontario/Midland Railroad Sodus NY

Approaching a crossing in Biloxi MS

CSX derailment, East Rochester NY

more

Last