Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Dunno why this rig was here

Attached Files Image(s)

DDC1

Attached Files Image(s)

ddc6

Attached Files Image(s)

Just saw in Fire Apparatus Journal that CFD is awarding 5 year contracts for up to 50 Pumpers and 30 Ladder Trucks. Crimson and Pierce bid on both types of trucks. Any new info? Has the bids been awarded?
[quote name='tobydi' post='226382' date='Jul 3 2008, 17:05 ']Just saw in Fire Apparatus Journal that CFD is awarding 5 year contracts for up to 50 Pumpers and 30 Ladder Trucks. Crimson and Pierce bid on both types of trucks. Any new info? Has the bids been awarded?[/quote]

I believe the article said, Bids we're being evaluated by Fleet Managment. So not a done deal?
I am enclosing a scan of the cover of a new fire book by Larry Shapiro...it will be in the book stores and available on line in August I'm told...I saw a copy and its turned out really nice.

The reason I am sending this is to show the cover...its my photo!!!!! I was very surprised and excited to see my image on the cover of a major fire service book. The fire was a 3-11 in a grocery warehouse at 73rd & Exchange..and that's engine 126 working.....if you look closely you can see tower 37 in the background. I always thought this was a great image but none of the publications I submitted it to were interested. Needless to say this was an interesting surprise. I just wanted to share this milestone with all of you.....

Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Awesome photo and great job on that accomplishment. Thats awesome
Congrats on the photo and the significant milestone accomplished. It is an awesome photo and just remember the others who passed on it and will now think they shouldn't have.

Great photo.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Way to go! That's big time! Excellent photo as well.
Outstanding accomplishment! Awesome pic. I can feel the radiant heat here in Brooklyn (NY that is). Congratulations!

Phil, Bklyn.
Congrats on the book cover Steve! Nice job!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
CFD had a small display for the 150 year anniversary..here's some of the highlights....

Rehab rig from eng 49

Attached Files Image(s)

Academy Truck...posted before I'm sure...

Attached Files Image(s)

530 Decon from eng 22..better views posted prior...

Attached Files Image(s)

New command van...dunno why this one is red & black...also dunno where they hide it either...maybe 39th & honore?? We in the FAO have NO info on this rig..it must be a big secret I guess ;(

Attached Files Image(s)