Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Train Photography
A note on the last photo. I did note the CF Industries on the cab. A Google search reveals that the company does operate a phosphate mining facility in the area.
One for the experts here - can anyone identify this, or know its age, or where it can be found?

Regards - John
[quote name='FLJack' post='209060' date='Apr 26 2008, 20:52 ']Found this locomotive and caboose on display in Mulberry FL while on the Florida Winter Thaw - 2008 trip last week. I couldn't find any ID or builders plates on the loco, but believe that it probably worked in one of the phospate mining plants in the area. FLJackphoto.[/quote]

The last time I was in Mulberry was about 2000, honesty don't remember if I saw this then or not. Back in the winters of 1956/57 and 1961/62, my dad's company sent him to work on several of the phosphate plants in Florida's Bone Valley while we stayed in Lakeland and Winter Haven respectively. Over the past 20 years while visitng Kissimmee/Orlando, I have taken a few sidetrips to that area which is interesting not only with the tracks that are used today but the many branch lines that were installed temporarily to service the huge strip mining "bigger diggers" that can fill one railcar with one scoop. Thanks.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Canadian Pacific Train making it's way through Peterborough, ON.

Attached Files Image(s)

Russell Pascoe

Brampton, Ontario

Canada

[url="http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/"]http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://torontofire.blogspot.com/"]http://torontofire.blogspot.com/[/url]

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
BNSF engines near the Interbay yard in Seattle

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Brach145.jpg]

Anyone have any clue what this thing is strapped to the flatbed car?
American Red Cross - DAT Captain
Member 4-2-4 - 5-11 Club of Chicago

[Image: Brach143.jpg]

Looks like the axles/rollers for a huge crawler track.
Thomas Whittemore

East Greenbush Fire District #3

LT. Fire Police

Air Pack Services

ex Safety Officer

ex Quartermaster

[Image: EGFD.png]

[Image: 095f5266ec.jpg]

[Image: ffxuser.png]

[Image: vol-fire.gif]
[quote name='Cyber' post='215767' date='May 22 2008, 02:34 '][Image: Brach145.jpg]

Anyone have any clue what this thing is strapped to the flatbed car?[/quote]

That is the side frame for a power shovel (most likely a P & H) used in open pit mining. Where was this shot taken? I might be able to tell you where it's headed or where it came from.
It was rolling through an industrial neighborhood in Chicago.

We joked that it was King Kong's roller blade! ROFLMAO!

[quote name='Cyber' post='215964' date='May 23 2008, 00:03 ']It was rolling through an industrial neighborhood in Chicago.

We joked that it was King Kong's roller blade! ROFLMAO![/quote]

My guess, is that it's part of a power shovel heading to an open pit mine. Either coal or possible iron ore.
[quote name='bigbadred411' post='203721' date='Apr 9 2008, 12:39 ']Sorta random, but still related to trains, anyone model RR in addition to train photography?[/quote]

Yep, I've had HO layouts all my life. I tried N gauge for a short time but didn't do it long. I'm more into autos, trucks and fire apparatus and so forth on the layout than the trains so HO works much better. I'm in the process of switching to DCC. When I build the new layout at the new house in Blairsivlle, GA, it will all be DCC.

Mark
More BNSF at the Interbay Yard, Seattle

Attached Files Image(s)

Cars ready to off load, at the Grain Terminal, Seattle

Attached Files Image(s)

Taken on 6/17 the Southwest Chief usually doesn't see daylight in KC but due to all the flooding on the Mississippi it was annulled east of KC. The usual Amtrak GE P42. This was taken from the bridge behind KC Union Station, definitely a great place to shoot from.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i

All photos Copyright Metzger.Media 2014 unless otherwise noted
The balance of the Southwest Chief waiting at KC Union Station for the buses to arrive from Chicago and other points to resume their journey west.

Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i

More from the bridge, an eastbound UP coal train and westbound BNSF stack train meet. This is looking west, the 2 roads in the background are Broadway and the I-35 overpasses.

Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i

Same spot but I was able to get an angle to get the 3rd train in the picture also, a westbound UP general Merchandise train.

Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i

Here is a couple of BNSF GE's as DPU on a westbound stack train.

Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i

If your tired of the big 6, here are a couple of either SD20's or SD24's lettered fro Floyd Valley Grain, a cooperative elavator in Hinton, IA.

Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i