Attached Files Image(s)

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Tuesday, October 21-Iona Island, NY

I arrived just after 7am and saw the automatic signal at MP41 lit for a southbound.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

At 7:15 southbound TOFC and stack train Q-110 came by, led by CSX #374. The trailing unit is a GE widecab still in full Conrail dress blue.

About half an hour later stack train Q-163 came north with the CSX #7820 leading. The fog had just started rolling in off the Hudson River, just out of sight to the left.

Here is the Q-163 a bit closer now. I don't know what happened on the series of photos I took of this train. This photo has 3 green dots that only showed up on this picture. The next photo I took looked to be perfectly set in my viewfinder, the auto-focus did its thing, and that was the only photo that came out WAY out of focus. Oh well....things happen!

At 8:05 the next northbound train came through. The crew on this train weren't following normal CSX operating procedures so I don't know what the train symbol is. The crews are supposed to call each signal as they pass it with the train symbol and the lead engine number. This crew would key the mic and the only clear I heard as he called 3 signals was his opening 'CSX'. Everything after that was mumbled so badly I couldn't even make out anything he said. Some crews just don't want anyone to know exactly where they are on the railroad...I guess.

Anyway here is CSX #911 leading a northbound stack train.

Here is a close-up of CSX #911.

The unknown Q-train had a consist of 3 CSX widecabs and an LMS Leasing unit.

The last train of the morning (for me) came through at 8:22. It's the Q-271 autorack train. This was a long train and the first half or so were these new articulated autoracks, all bearing BNSF reporting marks. The remainder were conventional 85' tri-level racks.

Q-271 was powered by only 2 locomotives, led by CSX #4504.

Wrapping up with a shot of the articulated autoracks. They are two carbodies riding on 3 trucks. Even relatively new equipment doesn't take long to get stylized with graffiti!

[quote name='Truckman' date='19 October 2009 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1255983940' post='343564']

These photos were taken last week by my wife in the yards of the Roanoke, VA yards and station. This was an old train and cars on a excursion trip.

Truckman Photos by Mrs. Truckman

[/quote]

Actually John this was a good catch by the wife. Yes, these locos and cars are old but they are in top condition. This is the Norfolk Southern's Executive Business Train. It hauls around the big wigs and guests of Norfolk Southern Railway.
Illinois Central @ Monticello,IL Museum

Attached Files Image(s)

Wabash RR Monticello ,IL Museum

Attached Files Image(s)

Milwaukee Road RR Monticello,IL Museum

Bill Fricker photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Look like the Norfolk Southern made to Illinois

Bill Fricker photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Monticello,IL Museum

The Leviathan 1963 4-4-0 Replica

Bill Fricker photo

Attached Files Image(s)

I know Nothing about Trains. I just started wanting to Photograph them. These were taken in Buena Vista Va.

[Image: IMAG0025.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0013.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0014.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0015.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0016.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0022.jpg]
Took these while doing air compressor maintenance at Compton IL Fire.

Attached Files Image(s)

John Deere on a flat in Compton

Attached Files Image(s)