Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver Metro Fire Apparatus
The Gold markings made a very quick come back, the red stripe and scramble just didn't represent the history of DFD. Traditional helmets came back a few years ago along with new Black bunker gear.

The Heavy Rescue Truck/Tower concept was made to relieve the call load on Rescue 1 (The only Rescue Co. in Denver.) Some of the older HRT's are actually marked as such, the new rigs are not. If anyone is familiar with the FDNY SOC Support Trucks, it's basically the same concept. HRT's are due on all extrications and tech rescue calls in their battalion. They carry about the same extrication tools as the average truck but carry an extra cutting torch and rope equipment.

Engine 30 is a fast rig, but it's call volume makes it "slow."

Retired Engine 6

Retired Engine 7

[quote name='npfd801' post='222184' date='Jun 16 2008, 20:00 ']Is Engine 30 slow as in the rig can't get out of its own way, or slow as in a not busy company.[/quote]

Not a busy Company, I have no clue what their yearly runs are but they do not see much fire duty being on the far SW side of Denver. Ladder 68, I think 1's, 9's, 19's, and 27's are but I know I'm missing at least a few, if not a bunch.
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='222189' date='Jun 16 2008, 20:07 ']Good stuff.

Any idea which Tower Co.'s and Truck Co.'s are TRT "Rescue" companies?

Thanks.[/quote]

Tower 1, Tower 9, Tower 22, Tower 23 & Tower 27 are all HRT's
I don't know which I like more, the new Pierces on the first page, or the classic Seagraves on this page. All very nice!
A couple from this morning, DC04 & Air/Light

I was amazed to see the ex, ex Denver Heavy Rescue in service today at a job, running as Hamer 1. This rig is the 3 line reserve unit for the Hamer & Rescue Co. It also still sports the old red stripe and short lived maltese, the side used to say "RESCUE No. 1" but the crew got tired of everyone saying "Rescue No One"

And a shot of Engine 25

How many Velocity's does Denver have ?
[quote name='Qu6int' post='223064' date='Jun 20 2008, 09:18 ']How many Velocity's does Denver have ?[/quote]

.....and are any of them PUC's? Saw on Code 3 Collectibles' new forum that somebody thinks E-15's new PUC is a candidate for possible release next year. Do they have a PUC at 15, or does this guy not have a clue what he's talking about?

I do like the regular Velocity engines they have, as well as the Enforcers. Wouldn't mind a collectible of either of them.
Denver operates 4 Velocity Engines, none of which or any other DFD engine are PUC's. Velocity Engines are located at 11, 16, 17 & 20. Engine 15 operates a newer Enforcer so that person may have meant 16's. Although I can't say for sure about a collectible, I have been asked to get detailed photos of the Denver Velocity for a possible replica release.
A better shot of the old Denver E6

The Rescue

Here are some old school shots courtesy of Michael Block

South Metro-Parker Fire Authority E34

Attached Files Image(s)

SouthWest Adams County Fire E12

Attached Files Image(s)

South Metro-Parker Fire Authority E38

Attached Files Image(s)

Englewood Fire ALF Reserve Engine

Attached Files Image(s)

Englewood Fire Retired Pirsch Engine