Englewood Fire Crimson Squad 22

Attached Files Image(s)

Englewood Fire Crimson E21

Attached Files Image(s)

Littleton Fire Ford Medic 15

Attached Files Image(s)

Littleton Fire Dive 16

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 19, a 2005 ALF. The only ALF engine in the fleet and one of only two top mounted pumpers. Rick L. Photo

DFD Under Water Rescue. This is the only blue truck in the DFD fleet and one of only a handful of blue rigs in the state. This truck served as a Colorado State Patrol Command Post which the DFD purchased for a their new dive rig, their budget was maxed out on new equipment so it never got a new white paint job... at least its fitting for the dive team. Photos by Rick L.

2008 Kenworth / Pierce Collapse Rescue. Photos by Rick L.

Truck 15, one of several new Pierce Lance 105' aerials that went to 8s, 12s, 19s, 26s & 28's. Rick L. Photos

"Gumby Gone Bad"

Aurora Fire Deparment Squad 12 - 2008 E\-One

West Metro Fire Rescue Tower Ladder 3 - Lakewood, Colorado (Western Denver) Rick L. Photos

Station 3 logo on the bucket

Couple of questions if I may...

Aurora Squad Co. 12, is this a new company in place of Engine 12 or a 2nd company from 12's?

Is the body on the Denver Dive Rescue Unit a Saulsbury? I am assuming it is cross-staffed, any idea by whom? Rescue Co. 01 by chance. Same thing for the TRT rig?

Thanks in advance.

Great photos from Colorado. Thanks for sharing them.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='252879' date='Oct 8 2008, 15:39 ']Couple of questions if I may...

Aurora Squad Co. 12, is this a new company in place of Engine 12 or a 2nd company from 12's?

Is the body on the Denver Dive Rescue Unit a Saulsbury? I am assuming it is cross-staffed, any idea by whom? Rescue Co. 01 by chance. Same thing for the TRT rig?

Thanks in advance.

Great photos from Colorado. Thanks for sharing them.[/quote]

AFD Squad 12 is not a second piece, beyond that I'm not sure exactly what their function and equipment is and how it differs from an AFD engine. The DFD dive truck is an SVI body and runs out of St. 1, I believe the TRT rig is at ones also. DFD's rescue company is stationed at 11's so I don't believe they cross-staff anything but would obviously be on scene of any incident requiring those resources.
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='252879' date='Oct 8 2008, 15:39 ']Couple of questions if I may...

Thanks in advance.

Great photos from Colorado. Thanks for sharing them.[/quote]

Squad 12 is one of 4 new Squad Companies, the new ones are located at 3, 10 & 13. They're placed in areas spread out from the Truck Companies and carry extra equipment likes extrication & saws. The idea is to have them perform truck work when the Truckies are delayed.

As SFD said, Rescue 1 is located at 11's for now. The Collapse Rescue is cross staffed by Tower 1 and the Underwater Rescue is cross staffed by Engine 1. Rescue 1 will still respond to every call with those two units for support though.
[quote name='Toneslider12' post='252791' date='Oct 8 2008, 08:09 ']DFD Under Water Rescue. This is the only blue truck in the DFD fleet and one of only a handful of blue rigs in the state. This truck served as a Colorado State Patrol Command Post which the DFD purchased for a their new dive rig, their budget was maxed out on new equipment so it never got a new white paint job... at least its fitting for the dive team. Photos by Rick L.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=39006]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=39007][/quote]

Just for fun, I added an image of DFD's "New" water rescue, when CSP owned it. Circa 1994.

Sorry about the quality. I wasn't very skilled at photographing apparatus back then (probably not much better now!)

This is a scan of an original 4x6 print.

Cheers!

image7801

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Nice, I haven't seen it in it's original glory in quite awhile. I see the Q-Siren was an upgrade of DFD's.