Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver Metro Fire Apparatus
I'm not up on all the details but I think SFDProbie is correct with that info. There's been a big political struggle for some time about how Greeley/Union Colony is getting the short end of the stick by providing so much automatic aid. Some folks were irritated because they always run out of district but none of the surrounding departments (all volunteer) reciprocate the favor. Those of us in the fire service understand that the small dept's simply don't have the personnel to do it, but political leaders only see numbers.

The new agreement will still allow for mutual aid when specifically requested, but Greeley will no longer be automatically dispatched out of district.

SFD you're also correct about the SVI heavy rescue being the first red apparatus. It's graphic package is a little different but it's a nice piece...

www.svitrucks.com/apparatusdetails.asp?apparatusid=164

Rick - Yes this is the only Tiller in service in Colorado, I hope it's the start of a new trend.
Awesome thanks for posting...

I am assuming that is extrication equipment mounted on the front bumper under the cover...

[quote name='Toneslider12' post='295951' date='Apr 9 2009, 23:40 ']It's been in service at Truck 1 for a couple months now. Big paint scheme change from before, they also purchased two Velocity Engines with the same new graphics. Photos by Richard

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46601]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46602]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46603]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46604][/quote]
[quote name='ltjohnny' post='296181' date='Apr 10 2009, 15:25 ']Awesome thanks for posting...

I am assuming that is extrication equipment mounted on the front bumper under the cover...[/quote]

That's my guess too, if you look at the Heavy Rescue link I posted from the same department it has the same extrication storage.
[quote name='Toneslider12' post='296217' date='Apr 10 2009, 16:40 ']That's my guess too, if you look at the Heavy Rescue link I posted from the same department it has the same extrication storage.[/quote]

The unincorporated areas around Greeley to the east and south were served by the Western Hills Fire Protection District when I lived there, including the area called "Garden City", which is in southeast Greeley. I think their station became the Union Colony Fire training center, if I recall. That Dept made up the other half of Union Colony Fire. I wonder if that area will go back to the Western Hills name?

Anyone have photos of Greeley-area rigs? The Commish has one Evans FD rig posted (1967 Ford C/Boardman) over on the Boardman group, and when I lived there Evans ran a 1986 Ford C/American (?) 50' telesqurt, a 1978 Ford C/American (I think) and what I believe was the first rescue that SVI (SuperVac) ever built - 1976 Chevrolet C-60/SuperVac - I think it was their demonstrator that Evans bought. Everything except the 1967 were in lime green. Current or retired Greeley rigs would be appreciated, too. I never managed to get a photo of their early 70's ALF 1000 series (or was it a 900?) open cab pumper that ran as Engine 11 (reserve) from Station 1 in the late 80's, along with Engine 1's Century Series - Just before they bought the Pierce Telesqurt around 1990 or so. Unfortunately I wasn't photographing apparatus yet (film was too expensive for a college student)...
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Here are two photos courtesy of Rick Luebke.

The new Engine 1, Engine 3 has an identical piece. Photo by Richard.

Engine 7, Christopher Benson Photos

Engine 2

Haz-Mat

Engine 14

[quote name='Toneslider12' post='296256' date='Apr 10 2009, 20:13 ']The new Engine 1, Engine 3 has an identical piece. Photo by Richard.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46703]

Engine 7, Christopher Benson Photos

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46704]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46705][/quote]

The Velocity is starting to grow on me (or are they Impels?), the more I see it. I love the new, deep red. Very rich looking (not to sound too "artsy"). Thanks for sharing!

Now I understand the Greeley FD/Union Colony debacle a little bit more, but why label the new ladder one way and the new pumpers the other (not that anyone asked me...)?

John.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

I just got back from a business trip to downtown Denver. Here's a couple more for this thread.

Denver Engine 1

Pierce Enforcer

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Denver Health Paramedic Division Ambulance 20

Rocky Mountain Regional Trauma Center

sorry about the trash can

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

West Metro District Chief 1

West Metro Engine 3

West Metro Squrt 2

Buckley AFB Chief 1

Buckley AFD ARFF 1

The new West Metro Tower 10, 2009 Quantum 100' aerial, 2000 gpm & 300 gallon tank.

South Metro Medic 41, 2008 Ford F-550 / PL Custom 4x4

South Metro Brush 47, 2002 Ford F-550 Type VI 4x4

South Metro just took delivery of twin Pierce Velocity Pumper/Tenders slated for Station 47 & 39. They are currently being outfitted at the department shops.

The brand new (in service for about 36 hours now) Arvada Truck 6. I think I'll give this one it's own thread for some detailed shots, a Pierce First.

Any other shots from Arvada?
The Tower could use a few more lights on it !
[quote name='Toneslider12' post='304019' date='May 9 2009, 17:47 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=45620]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=48866]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=48867][/quote]

Hey - Great shots! I assume that makes a third tower and will not replace 12's? Since [the new] Station 10 is only a couple of miles north of 12's, will Tower 12 be moving? What about Rescue 10, will it be moving elsewhere, or stay at 10's?

Just curious.

John.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801