Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
DCFD Photos, old or new
For anyone (still)interested or following I see that Engine 28 has received another 2006 Seagrave Pumper S-173 which is ex Engine 33. Engine 33 received one of (10)2014 Pierce Arrow XT pumpers . Former Engine 28 was another hand me down rig ex Engine 21 S-163 . No idea where that will be assigned a 3rd time as New Engine 28 ex E33 was refurbished in 2016 .

As of now the oldest Seagrave Pumpers still in frontline are Engine 6,9 and 17 which are all 2005s. Engine 5 and 29 both received refurbished 2003 Pierce Dashs in 2016 . If anyone knows what future orders or deliveries are to take place for DCFD feel free to add .

Photo Credit from DCFD Twitter

Trey White
I have heard 6 Pierce,6 Seagrave engines and a FDNY spec Aerialscope,time will tell....

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Quote:I have heard 6 Pierce,6 Seagrave engines and a FDNY spec Aerialscope,time will tell....

Terry
That is the same thing I heard about their order. What was unknown was if the aerialscope was going to T3 or as a second tower.
From what I seen when T-3 passed me the other day it needs alot of TLC and then some...

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
There was a discussion about this on T3's facebook page

<a class="" href="https://www.facebook.com/DCFD-Engine16-Tower3-The-Midnight-Express-495342287172876/?rc=p">DCFD Engine16 Tower3 "The Midnight Express"</a> <span style="font-family:inherit;"><span style="font-family:inherit;"><span style="font-family:inherit;">Overdue, sir. Rumors abound about a new Seagrave Aerialscope for 2018 and we are hopeful, but thus far nothing official to report.
</span></span></span>

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
S-163 is now assigned to E-26 at The Farm.

Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Quote:S-163 is now assigned to E-26 at The Farm.
Thanks ! Any idea where E26 ended up being that it is a 2008?
Trey White
Quote:Thanks ! Any idea where E26 ended up being that it is a 2008?
Engine 26s 2008 Seagrave S-176 for now will be used as Reserve
Trey White
I know this may not be the correct place and no means trying to hijack thread but saw where DCFD-EMS buying Frazer ambulances?

Last I heard was 18 new wagons, 9 Seagrave and 9 Pierce, a new Towerladder, a new Haz-Mat, a bunch of new ambo's, and some various support vehicles. S-176 will be going into the reserve pool (as stated) once some much needed repairs are made.

Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Has there been any time frame on when the New Rigs will be delivered?
Trey White
Quote:I know this may not be the correct place and no means trying to hijack thread but saw where DCFD-EMS buying Frazer ambulances?
From what I could tell, it appears they recently received two Frazer units.  Was curious if it was an actual vendor change or just a couple of trial units to evaluate before committing to a larger order.
Talking to a Frazer rep at Texas EMS expo, and they said it was a trial order, and that DCFD approached them. Allegedly Frazer only agreed if they could perform the maintenance on these two trucks.
Thanks. Just curious as I know they had been a huge Horton buyer - both new and remounts for awhile.

They are looking are multiple options for ambulances and doing some test orders.

Washington DC Truck 15

2011 Seagrave TT05CM 100' TDA

Originally Belmont ,CA

Hope to get back for better photos soon

Trey White
Quote:Washington DC Truck 15

2011 Seagrave TT05CM 100' TDA

Originally Belmont ,CA

Hope to get back for better photos soon

[Image: attachicon.gif]DC.Truck.15.2011.Seagrave.TDA.jpg
  I take it this rig was purchased used?  Anyone have any idea what they paid for it or why Belmont CA got rid of it?  Looks like a really nice piece.
Quote:  I take it this rig was purchased used?  Anyone have any idea what they paid for it or why Belmont CA got rid of it?  Looks like a really nice piece.

Post #551893

Quote:Found it. It is from Belmont Calif. They had "mothballed" it for a year or so due to lack of staffing. Traded it to Seagrave for a new pumper ($606,000). I assume DCFD bought it from Seagrave. They also sold a 1998 KME tiller, any idea where it went?
I believe the KME went to Winter Park, FL. But not 100% sure
Seen reserve truck 84 I'm guessing? Looked like the Pierce tractor that once pulled the Grove ladder but now has a LTI trailer.Anyone have a picture?

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787