Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
DCFD Photos, old or new
THe Rotator is at the Fire Department Repair Shop. The plan to integrate it with Rescue Squad No2 went out the window. There was a lot of time spent on training members how to use the unit. I was sad to see the plan scrapped

[color="#ff0000"][size="4"]Get In, Sit Down, Hold On and Shut Up[/size][/color]
Quote:I've seen a few pictures of the newest Piece refurb and its going to Engine 27 in Deanwood.
Are you at liberty to share them here and I assume its one of the 2003 Pierce Dash Pumpers that will look like Engine 5 and 29s refurbed rigs?
Trey White
Quote:It has been assigned to the Fleet Maintenance Division for multiple years now. They use it as a tow truck. I haven't heard of it being used for rescue-capabilities in many years.

Thanks!

​Seems like a shame to let a $600,000+ truck be used as a regular wrecker......but it must not get a lot of wear and tear, I mean, how often are DC trucks towed? (LOL JK)
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote: 

Thanks!

​Seems like a shame to let a $600,000+ truck be used as a regular wrecker......but it must not get a lot of wear and tear, I mean, how often are DC trucks towed? (LOL JK)
It now sits outside in the weather unsecured on a public DC street near the shops.  Not even kept indoors or in the secured fenced in lot at the shops.  Surprised the bell has not been stolen off it yet.
This reserve truck is being utilized by Tower 3 for the indefinite future. The Tower has been sent to New Jersey (I was told) to start the refurbishment process. This reserve TDA is basically brand new, post refurb.  

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Truck 3's reserve. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Battalion 6's new buggy. So far the new buggy style is well liked. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
BFC 6 

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
BFC 6. Ill try to take more pictures and keep this thread going. It would be nice to get all the current DCFD apparatus on here. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Sharp looking rig. What's the post refurb plan for the current Tower?
Quote:This reserve truck is being utilized by Tower 3 for the indefinite future. The Tower has been sent to New Jersey (I was told) to start the refurbishment process. This reserve TDA is basically brand new, post refurb.
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Quote:This reserve truck is being utilized by Tower 3 for the indefinite future. The Tower has been sent to New Jersey (I was told) to start the refurbishment process. This reserve TDA is basically brand new, post refurb.  

New Jersey? I would hope, and hope they send it to Seagrave in Wisconsin, so that technicians trained on the Aerialscope can rebuild it, with proper (and updated) Aerialscope components. I've seen several Aerialscopes, including one we had where I worked, that were damaged due  to the departments using repair facilities that shouldn't have been working on an Aerialscope in the first place.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Could be the Seagrave facility in East Brunswick, NJ. I've seen DCFD rigs there before.
I believe its just body work to begin with. The department has been very tight lipped with the plans for the new aerialscope. We have heard that it is in the production process and will be a 95' boom just like our current.

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
What's the deal with that station. Or should I say squash club. Very strange, almost like they prefer you not know it's a firehouse.
Quote:Are you at liberty to share them here and I assume its one of the 2003 Pierce Dash Pumpers that will look like Engine 5 and 29s refurbed rigs?

Just saw this Trey.

I will try and find it. Have you been able to shoot in the city lately?
Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Quote:What's the deal with that station. Or should I say squash club. Very strange, almost like they prefer you not know it's a firehouse.

I'm not exactly sure what the architect was going for. The building certainly looks unique from an outside perspective, but visibility is severely compromised (inside and outside). There has been talk of looking at removing the weird bay door grates. 
Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Engine 14 serves the Fort Totten neighborhood. Their station recently underwent a major renovation. They were also given S-167-06-16R-SS. This was a 2006 Seagrave that was totally refurbished. The company is very happy with the wagon and Seagrave did an excellent job with the refurb. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Another change for the DCFD can be seen in this photo. We are switching to black turnout gear. The Department, Safety Office, and Local 36 Safety Committee all feel that black gear is better because it shows thermal damage better. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Engine 14's working end. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Engine 14's Officer side.