Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
DCFD Photos, old or new
Quote:It's not a tray, but a flip down step so you don't stand directly in front of the vent from the exhaust system.  We have one on our 2015

Could you post a close up of it stored and in use?
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Cab lengths are different, a lot of interior differences with HVAC. Also some differences on fluid and engine access.
Quote:What are the primary differences between the new Seagrave Capital cab and the Marauder II or the Attacker cabs?
Does anyone have photos of the DCFD Hazmat and Hazmat support units at Pierce; I would be interested in seeing them. Thank you
(03-13-2018, 10:17 AM)Here are pictures of one of 609\s rigs, Seagrave brought them by 413 when we were deciding what to buy for our new engine.  This was an uneloquent solution to an engineering issue that we felt Seagrave created themselves.   Ultimately the perceived lack of a suitable maintenance facility was the reason they got booted out of the process.  That said, this didn't help with the County using a floating tray in this position. Wrote:        
Quote:It's not a tray, but a flip down step so you don't stand directly in front of the vent from the exhaust system.  We have one on our 2015

Could you post a close up of it stored and in use?
Truck 12 out of Tenleytown Station 20. 
2011 Seagrave TDA, 100' ladder. 
I don't think this is the "artsy" crowd here but I hope you guys like it anyways. Caught it at dusk as I was passing through DC on Saturday night. 

[Image: 41124116532_50ab7aa88e_k.jpg]
LocalNovaPics Wrote:Truck 12 out of Tenleytown Station 20. 
I don't think this is the "artsy" crowd here but I hope you guys like it anyways. Caught it at dusk as I was passing through DC on Saturday night. 

Cool shot!
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I saw a lot of newer apparatus on the news footage of the warehouse fire yesterday. One notable vehicle would be a GMC Sierra for the Incident Commander, which looked brand new to me at least. Sorry for the lousy screenshot. 

Seth Granville
*NEW* Engine 7 (SW)

2017 Pierce Arrow XT 2000/500

Seth Granville
(04-04-2018, 08:25 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote:
LocalNovaPics Wrote:Truck 12 out of Tenleytown Station 20. 

Cool shot!

Thanks. I like your shot of the new E7, nice to see DC is letting them put a Nats decal on the side. I miss the days where every rig didn't look the same.
Engine 74 (Ex-Engine ?)
2003 Seagrave 1250/500

Seth Granville
DC Fire And EMS
EMS Supervisor 7
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
Outfitted by FESCO Emergency Sales
DCFD Shop # S-277-18

Seth Granville
DCFD New Rescue 
2018 Pierce Arrow XT
Photo from Atlantic Emergency Solutions Facebook Page

Seth Granville
(08-08-2018, 09:57 AM)TacSupport1 Wrote: DCFD New Rescue 
2018 Pierce Arrow XT
Photo from Atlantic Emergency Solutions Facebook Page

HAZMAT not rescue
My apologies.
Seth Granville
Sorry for the quality of these two shots and if they're not on the correct thread. 

Reagan International Foam 301

Saluting the Honor Flight I was arriving on in May, 2018.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

US Navy unit
Any information would be appreciated.  This was from the Honor Flight bus. 
Also, what is the rig that is often seen in the background as the President is walking toward the White House and answering reporter questions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-18-2018, 07:26 PM)aohunt Wrote: US Navy unit
Also, what is the rig that is often seen in the background as the President is walking toward the White House and answering reporter questions?

Not sure of the year of this one, but I have seen others that are 2015's. It's a KME Force 1500/1500/200F/500DC.
(12-19-2018, 01:10 PM)GA_Dave Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 07:26 PM)aohunt Wrote: US Navy unit

Not sure of the year of this one, but I have seen others that are 2015's.  It's a KME Force 1500/1500/200F/500DC.

I'll go out on a limb here.  DCFD operates a "Foam Task Force" (FTF) from the quarters of Engine 13 - Truck 10.  As I recall, the FTF operates three vehicles for district-wide firefighting operations as well as VIP helicopter operations at the White House and other locations.  The three vehicles include Foam Unit 1 which is an Amertek vehicle rebuilt by Emergency One and Foam Unit 2 is an Oshkosh Striker and one of two twinned agent units; the other I believe is quartered at Engine 1 at the West End.  The following video shows the Foam Task Force responding  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfDSVAjB9Q
(06-25-2018, 06:54 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: DC Fire And EMS
EMS Supervisor 7
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
Outfitted by FESCO Emergency Sales
DCFD Shop # S-277-18
Outfitted by TECHOPS Specialty Vehicles, painted by Fesco.
Anybody know if they ever replaced the grille on Truck 5, the rejected PFD ALF tiller?