Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire-Rescue International, Atlanta, GA
I seen a post on FB about this rig. Does anyone know details about the wreck and how the crew is?

Quote:I seen a post on FB about this rig. Does anyone know details about the wreck and how the crew is?

Others can add more, but from what I obtained it was Engine 2 at the time and responding to an alarm back in April with a crew of 4 on board. Came around a curve and approached a MARTA ( Transit ) bus that had stopped. Went off the road to avoid striking the bus that causing it to strike a tree. No life threatening injuries on board, and per the firefighter that stood on the expo floor with the engine, all but 1 have returned back to duty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Drew James
GA Paramedic

Drew James
GA Paramedic

Drew James
GA Paramedic

Drew James
GA Paramedic

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Quote:These are 5 cell phone shots I got. I couldn't believe the frame rail sticking out the back. Spartan was right across the floor from us, and they were NONE too happy about that truck being there.

That's interesting. Well hopefully it opened the eyes for all to see on the safety aspect.  
Drew James
GA Paramedic
Bartow County, GA

Tower 1

Rosenbauer / T-Rex 115

2000/300

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Seminole County, FL

Tower 12

Drew James
GA Paramedic
LaGrange, GA

Engine 1

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Savannah, GA

Rescue 1

Sutphen/SVI

Suppose to order an identical unit for Rescue 2 next year.

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Sutphen Demo

Drew James
GA Paramedic
More to come later!

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Thanks for the info on the wreck. Good to hear about the crew.

Thanks for the posts too.

Quote:These are 5 cell phone shots I got. I couldn't believe the frame rail sticking out the back. Spartan was right across the floor from us, and they were NONE too happy about that truck being there.

I bet they weren't. When I saw the original pictures that really caught my attention. Not good...
From the looks of the rig it is a miricle that nobody was killed.

Dave
It seems that Spartan Motors has changed their minds and is putting this to good use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWti6kN3...e=youtu.be
Nice photos. really surprised that non of DeKalbs new pieces were on display.. Engine TDA or new Heavy 24... seems like all across the country the shows are getting fewer apparatus on display from the manufacturers... Thanks for sharing and the info..

Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
Question. Why do the city Ladders use KME and the airport Pierce? Are they two separate entities or is it just two separate bids for TDA's and platforms? 

Guerry N. Barbee

Career - Charlotte Fire Department - Relief Captain Battalion 1

Combo Dept - Cornelius-Lemley Fire Rescue - Deputy Fire Chief - "The Graveyard"

guerrybarbee@yahoo.com
Quote:Question. Why do the city Ladders use KME and the airport Pierce? Are they two separate entities or is it just two separate bids for TDA's and platforms? 
The Pierce platforms were purchased before the contract with KME.  The newest aerial at the airport is a KME TDA and there is another one in the works.